Chapter 4

"You said your name was Uzumaki-Namikaze, is there any relation to the Fourth Hokage? And who is this partner you keep mentioning?"

"Yes. I am the son of Minato Namikaze, also known as the Yellow Flash, and Kushina Uzumaki, also known as the Red Hot Habanero. They both died on the day I was born. The truth of my parentage was kept secret from myself and the public to protect me from any of their enemies, but once I was strong enough to protect myself, Lord Third told me." Naruto responded, giving unnecessary detail in attempt to distract the boy from his second question. However, while it may have distracted everyone else who didn't already know this truth, the Nara was not one to forget.

"I see, so who is this partner." Shikamaru asked again, causing Naruto to flinch slightly, an action which was missed by all except Kakashi and Hiruzen.

"Naruto, why don't you bring your partner here, I'm sure it would be good for them to meet him." Hiruzen asked the boy, who turned upon hearing his name. Despite the phrasing, it was clearly a command and not a question.

"Uh, with all due respect gramps, I don't think they are quite ready to meet him yet." Naruto responded, scratching the back of his head, showcasing his nervousness. Knowing the boy for so long, Hiruzen was easily able to see through his lie.

"They're not ready or you're not?" It was a simple question, but to Naruto it was one of the most complex thing he has experienced. While it was true he was not entirely who he pretended to be, he had still grown a soft spot for the Konoha 12 and he would hate for them to look at him the same way the villagers do. With nothing but fear and contempt.

The genin stood in silence, watching as Naruto glared at the Hokage, who returned the look with a commanding eye. After a few minutes of silence Naruto finally backed down.

"Fine." He spat out through gritted teeth, shocking everyone at the lack of respect towards their leader. He then turned around to face the genins and their senseis before taking out a piece of paper from one of his pouches. He then proceeded to summon a shadow clone and slapped the paper on its face. The genin watched in confusion as the paper faded into its skin and the clone changed into a boy their age (they're gonna be like 16 in this cuz why not) with crimson red hair.

(He looks like the photo but with red fox ears the same colour as his hair but with black at the tips and instead of a dragon tattoo it's a nine tailed fox. The clothes are the same cuz I think they look hella cool. Also, he is gonna have a red tail and thats gonna wrap around his waist like a belt instead of him having an actual belt)

"Everyone, this is Kurama, the nine tailed fox."