2. Life

Jeonghan's POV

The night went harsh on me. I didn't get enough sleep after I heard someone mentioning her name again.

While in the shower, a sudden realization hits me. My Y/N, I know it's her. But how?

As today's Saturday, I planned on going back to the cafe with hopes that this time, I'll see her. This time, I'll see Y/N's face again.

"Good morning sir, welcome to Moncarat cafe."- one of the staffs said cheerfully before guiding me towards a table.

"Can I have a Vanilla Latte please, and a piece of chocolate cake"- I said before sitting.

"Sure sir."- he said and bowed

I searched for the girl yesterday but she's not here. All I see was the tall male staff and two other guys who's cleaning the tables. I'm their first customer so other than them, there's no one else in here.

"Here's your coffee sir."- Vernon said. How'd I knew his name? It's on his tag.

"Thank you. Ahmm"- I was about to ask him about the girl but hesitated not wanting to sound like a creep.

"Is there anything you want sir?"- he asked politely

"Oh, I'm just wondering. The girl last time, is she around here or somewhere?"- I asked

"I'm afraid I don't know who you're talking about sir. We have so many girl customers here"- he said still wearing an eye smile

"Ahm, she was here yesterday. The other guy, Mingyu, told us she often helps here"- I said

"Oh, you meant Y/N? I don't know. She just shows up like a wild mushroom. I think she'll be here soon"- he said and smiled

"Right, thank you"- I said and smiled back

"Sir, if I may just ask. Is there any reason why you're asking about her?"- he asked

"I, ahm, I j-just think I k-know her. I just want to m-make sure"- I stuttered not knowing what to say

"Okay sir. Got it"- Vernon said and gave me a thumbs up before leaving my table.

I finished my latte but no signs of the girl showing up. Not even her voice in the cafe, none. Luck's not on my side huh?

I decided to leave and just come back tomorrow. As I was about to open the door, someone did it first. A girl, talking to someone on her phone. More like, arguing with someone on her phone and I can't be wrong. That voice belongs to the girl yesterday.

"I'm sorry doc. I have some errands to do. I'll meet you tomorrow? Same time?"- she said

"Areum-ah, you better come here tomorrow or I'll be coming to that cafe."- someone on the other line said

"It's Y/N doc, and yes. I'll be there tomorrow"- she said.

There! She said it. Her name. Her name.

"Excuse me? Do you need anything?"- she said looking at her phone not even glancing at me. Maybe she noticed I wasn't moving.

"Oh right. I'm sorry"- I said and bowed.

The moment she raised her head, our eyes were locked. Her eyes widened, so as mine.

Unconsciously, I raised my hand and caressed her cheek. I felt her flinched a bit at the sudden touch before she moved away from me. I can feel the tears pooling in my eyes. It's really her. My Y/N.

"Sir? I'm sorry but why are you touching me? Do I know you?"- she asked

I looked at her confused and so does her to me.

"Y/N, it's me. Jeonghan. Can't you remember me? I'm your neighbor. You told me you'll find me in your second life right? You wrote that on a letter."- I said holding her hand

"I'm s-sorry but I d-don't know you. Let go o-of m-me sir"- she said trying to free her hands.

"Y/N please. Two years Y/N. Two years without you felt like hell. Don't give me this treatment"- I said still holding her.

"I think you got the wrong person sir."- she said sternly. In an instant, I saw the sinister attitude from Y/N years ago.

"I saw your reaction. You were shocked when you saw me! Tell me you're just playing games Y/N, it hurts"- I said tears slowly streaming down my face.

I let go of her hand to wipe my tears away but a hand did it for me. Y/N's hand were wiping my tears.

"I'm sorry for hurting you sir, but I don't really remember knowing you."- Y/N said, her hand still on my cheeks.

"If she looks like me then, on behalf of her, I'm sorry for hurting you"- she said. Tears also streaming down her cheeks.

"Y/N? Are you crying?"- based on the name tag, his name is Seokmin

"I-I'm sorry"- she said and ran towards the staffs' room

She left me confused with a puzzled Seokmin in front of me.

💎🌻💎

Y/N's POV

The moment I saw him, I felt a sudden pain in my chest. The guy I always see in the cemetery is in front of me.

Some might call me crazy but everything feels so familiar. Especially the guy in the cemetery. I have this sudden flash of memories that I don't remember doing.

A year ago, I started thinking about this re-encarnation thing because of the scars on my wrist which looks like it came from a sharp object. I don't remember being a suicidal person for I lived happily though I'm alone. What bothers me most is that, I don't remember anything about my childhood. I only have my memories 2 years ago and that's all. Whenever I go to some places, some flickers of scenario plays right through my eyes like it happened to me before.

That's when I decided to visit a psychiatrist. Not because I think I'm crazy but because I think there's something wrong about my mind and my thoughts. I didn't know how it started but I ended up asking him about parallel lives.

He said that if you live miserably, you in your parallel life will have the exact opposite of your life but may feel the emotions felt by the other. Until a sudden question formed in my mind.

"Can we have second life doc?"- I asked

"Maybe. I'm not sure but most of the hearsay tells that second life of the dead is possible only if that person really wanted to be given the chance of a second life. May it be to change, repent the sins committed and to come back to the people he/she promised to come back"- the doctor answered.

And that hit me. I might sound delusional but it feels like I'm Y/N, but not the Y/N they knew, but the Y/N who's living the second life she wish to have.

💎🌻💎