6. Dad?

"Teddy who is it?" Phoebe asked me.

"Uh, i-it's my dad", I mumble.

"What?" Max yells, "are you gonna answer it?"

"Should I?"

Why would my dad be calling? I barely even remember what my father looked like. He left my family after Marisa was born. I didn't know why though. I had no idea what to think. All of a sudden, never speaking to me - ever - he now wants to talk to me. But why?

"You should answer it Teddy", Phoebe said. I nodded and hit the answer button on my phone. I lifted my phone to my ear and let out a heavy breath.

"H-Hello?" I say through the phone.

"Teddy? Teddy is that you?" I hear a deep voice say.

"Uh, yes?"

"Are you okay? Has anyone tried to hurt you? Someone...powerful?"

"What?" I was shocked. 100% shocked. What was he talking about? The only one who was hurting me right now was him.

"Look, I know that you're a superhero Teddy. And I also know that someone is coming for you, and they want you dead. You need to listen to me, I want to keep you safe."

"How do you know? And why are you NOW deciding to talk to me? After all these years! How am I supposed to trust you?" I yell at him through the phone.

"Teddy, you need to listen. I didn't want to leave...but I had to, to keep you safe."

"I don't want to hear this crap right now, okay! Goodbye", I said hanging up on him.

I can't believe he did that to me. Never talk to me, and then one day decide that he is allowed to call me back and think that I would forgive him. I would never forgive him. If he knew that I had powers, he should of been a fatherly figure and help me learn to control them and not just run away. This whole thing was crap. I couldn't handle all of the things I have been learning.
1. I am a superhero, who was adopted by a family of humans.
2. My mother never told me that I was adopted, and now I have to live with my friend; and
3. Now my father that never talked to me is saying that he wants to help me fight someone who wants me dead.

Whatever kind of thing I got myself into...I want out.

I really wanted to throw my phone across the room, but it was expensive, and I couldn't get another one.

"Teddy, are you okay?" Phoebe asked me.

"Define okay", I say. I sit down on the couch and fidget around with my fingers. I put my head down and stair at my feet.

"Look Teddy, maybe we should trust him. Maybe he had a good explanation to leaving you and your family", I look up to see that both Phoebe and Max were sitting next to me on either sides of the couch. Max started to wrap his arm around my shoulders when I pull his arm off.

"Max stop...please, I can't be with you", I say, "Plus I'm kind of in the middle of something."

"But Teddy, you said you liked me. Why now did you change your mind?"

"Max enough! Okay, leave me alone. Phoebe can we go to your room?" Phoebe nods and we head. Upstairs.

I sit on her chair and just sit there thinking. "Hey Teddy, I'll be back in a second, okay?" I nod and she heads out of the room.

-Max's Point of View-

What just happened? Why does Teddy not like me anymore? Does she hate me for some reason? What did I do? After thinking I heard as Phoebe walked down the stairs.

"I am so sorry Max, I didn't know she would act like this", Phoebe said, "This is all my fault, I need to fix this. I should of kept my mouth shut."

"What? Pheebs what are you talking about?" I say.

"Well Teddy really, I mean really liked you. But I said it was awkward for you guys to date and for us to be friends. I shouldn't of said that, I am so sorry Max."

"You told her that?" I yelled, "I can't believe you said that Phoebe. I really liked her, and now she won't even speak to me."

"I know, I have to talk to her, I'll go tell her right now." Phoebe was about to go back upstairs when I saw Teddy walking down.

"No need for that, I heard everything", Teddy said, "Remember that I have powers too?"

Phoebe ran over to Teddy and hugged her, "Teddy I am so sorry, I didn't realize."

"It's okay, but for now we-" Teddy stopped talking an collapsed onto the floor.

"Teddy!" Phoebe and I yelled at the same time.

A/N*** So I'm sorry I left you with another cliff hanger, and also that this chapter is super short, but I wrote it in like 20 mins, so if you liked it don't forget to vote. And also it is short because it is the second one I uploaded today, so yeah.

Also do you like my new cover?