13. Plane Ticket To The Man Cave

-Max’s Point of View-

“Where the heck is Swellview?” I ask shocked.

“I have no idea, but I have to leave tomorrow”, Teddy says, “My dad said my mom had a ticket and all my bags packed.”

“What? You can’t leave Teddy!” I yelled.

“Max…I have to go”, Teddy frowned.

“At least let me go with you”, I said grabbing Teddy’s arm and rubbing it.

“Max, I don’t even know why I’m going.”

“Teddy…please!”

“I-I don’t know…you don’t even have a ticket.”

“So what I’m hearing is if I get a ticket…I can come?”

“I guess…” Teddy says slightly smiling.

“Yes! Thanks Teddy”, I kiss Teddy’s cheek and run upstairs.

I see mom and dad sitting on the couch. “Mom…dad, I need to ask you something.”

They both look away from their books and look at me. “What is it Max?” my mom asked.

“Can I get a plane ticket to Swellview?” I ask.

“Are you kidding me Max? You think we’re just gonna give you a ticket to go to come city by yourself?” My dad said standing up.

“But Teddy is going alone…and I really want to be there for her”, I said, “Please…”

“Wait…why is Teddy going?” mom asked crossing her arms.

“She doesn’t know. Her dad told her, her mom has all her bags packed and a ticket. She’s leaving tomorrow.”

My mom looked over at my dad. “Wait…you aren’t seriously thinking about letting him go”, dad yelled.

“Please dad…” I pleated.

My dad looks over at me and notices my pouty face and sighs. “Fine! I’ll go get you a ticket…”

I jump and yell “Yes! Thanks dad you’re the best!”

Dad flaps his arm at me. “I know, I know…”

I take my slide down to my lair and see Teddy sitting on the foot of my bed. “My dad is buying me a ticket right now!”

Teddy turns her head to me and smiles. “Seriously?” she yells excitedly. I nod and jump on my bed. Teddy gets up and does the same.

I hug her as we jump and slam her onto my bed. I jump on top of her and we lock eyes. I lean in and kiss her as she kisses me back.

Next Day

-Teddy’s Point of View-

Max had already packed his bags and we were heading to my mom’s house. I knocked on the door and it immediately swung open. I saw my mom standing there with a huge smile on her face, but also a tear in her eye. Mixed emotions I guess.

“Hi mom”, I say smiling.

“Hi honey…I have everything ready for you…Wait…what is he doing here?” My mom asks crossing her arms.

“Oh…uh, Max is coming with me”, I smile.

My waves innocently to my mom, “Hello…”

“Okay…well come in, we will leave in a little bit”, my mom says.