15. Valentine's Day - Part 1

Valentine’s Day.

I woke up and threw on a cheesy Valentine’s Day outfit; a grey long sleeve shirt with hearts on it, ripped jeans, and my Nikes. I put my hair into an upside down braid ponytail. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

I walked into the main room of the Man Cave and got some cereal from the Auto-Snacks machine. I sat on the couch and turned on Teen Wolf. I was re-watching the 11th episode of the first season. Max walked into the room at the part when Scott started dancing with Danny. I laughed a little when I saw Coaches face.

“What are you laughing at?” Max asked me.

I pointed to the TV and took a bite of my cereal. “How did you sleep?” I ask Max, my mouth full of Lucky Charms.

“Good. I got you something”, Max smirked. He handed me a card. I put my spoon down and swallowed my cereal. I took the card and ripped open the envelope. I take the card out and read the front.

“I f*ching love you”, I say out loud. I look at Max and raise my eyebrows. He laughs a little. I open the card up and read the inside. “I hope you have a f*ching amazing Valentine’s Day, love Max.”

I look up and smile at Max. “Happy Valentine’s Day!” he yelled.

“Thanks Max”, I lean in and kiss him. After 2 minutes I hear a cough in the background.

I look up and see Ray looking at us. “Did I ever say you could kiss in the Man Cave?” Ray asks crossing his arms.

“Uh…no”, Max says.

“Then why are you kissing?”

“Because it’s Valentine’s Day…” I say.

“Oh…well no more, your kissing is done for the day”, Ray said.

“Hey…uh, Ray…can I ask for a favor?” I ask getting up.

“Sure, I guess…what is it?”

“Can Max and I go out? We’ve never left the Man Cave ever since we arrived”, I say innocently.

“Well, that was the point…staying in the Man Cave, you know…so you don’t get murdered”, Ray says sitting at his desk.

“But its Valentine’s Day, and we wanted to go out.”

“I said no Teddy.”

“Why aren’t you so cranky? When was the last time you celebrated Valentine’s Day?” I ask him, trying to hide my smirk.

“15 years ago”, Ray said sighing; “Before I found out my girlfriend was married.”

“Oh…” After that it became an awkward silence.

After a while, Max got up. “Please Ray…can’t we wear some dumb costume or something so they don’t know its Teddy?”

Ray looked at Max. He took a deep breath. “Ugh, fine! But you have to text me every 5 minutes! If you die, your father is going to kill me!”

“I won’t die Ray”, I said, “Anyways…THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!”

I ran to Max and jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly. “Get a room!”

~Max’s Point of View~

Ray brought us to s restaurant called Sotto Voce. It was some Italian restaurant. I was wearing a black button up with a red tie, and black jeans. It was as formal as I would dress. Teddy was wearing the same thing from this morning. Obviously she didn’t care about being formal.