𝐕.

Shadis began yelling his speech. "NOW INTRODUCING TO YOU, OUR TOP TEN CADETS!" he screamed.

The first few... Connie... Sahsa.... Jean.. etc. Then he reached the top 5.

"IN FIFTH PLACE, EREN YEAGER!" he said, and he bowed proudly.

"IN FOURTH PLACE, BERTHOLDT HOOVER!" he announced, and he bowed shyly.

"IN THIRD PLACE, REINER BRAUN!" he yelled, once again. You felt your blood boil when you heard his name.

"IN SECOND PLACE... MIKASA ACKERMAN!" he yelled, possibly louder than the last time. I frowned, I guess I wasn't material to be top 10.

"IN FIRST PLACE, OUR BEST CADET YET..... Y/N TYBUR!" he hollered and you almost chocked again. Me? First place? Above... everyone? I walked proudly to the front, saluting to the crowd. I heard a roar of applause and clapping.

I smiled shyly and you felt your cheeks warm up. You never thought in ya million years that you, Y/N Tybur would be able to surpass Mikasa Ackerman; one who never failed to slice a titan's nape, or beat someone in hand-to-hand combat. Now that you thought about it, you've never sparred with her.

Shadis gave you something he's never before; a proud smile. You blushed, because you felt accomplished. Mikasa smiled at you, and you smiled at her back. Eren was practically screaming as loud as Shadis, congratulating you and you hugged him closely.

Little did you know under all those brother like acts, he liked you. He really, really did like you. Titan Shifter or not, he loved every part of you.

Each leader of the three branches of Military started giving their speeches. Military Police, a bunch of selfish ignorant snobs. Of course Horse Face decided to join them.

The Garrison Regiment leader then presented himself, talking about their duty as protecters of the walls. Blah blah, all borning. A big chunk of us left, and then I saw Erwin Smith; leader of the Survery Corps.

"Pride.... stand with us.... titans.. expeditions..... so please, I ask of you, DEVOTE YOUR HEARTS!" he yelled. You saluted proudly to him, none the less happy to join Commander Smith in fighting.

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Bertholdt, Reiner, Sasha, Connie saluted with you. He smiled at us, and clapped. I hollered and made some enthusiastic noises.

Tomorrow, we were assigned to clean the cannons as we didn't have much planned. An extra for me and Eren was titan training, or testing with Hange. I gladly agreed, knowing that this could help the future of humanity... but I knew what most didn't.... they weren't the last ones.

There was a whole another country, dozens, in fact, with hundreds of thousands living people there. I felt a sob coming on; you were a Tybur. But also a solider... who were you?

You fell to the ground when you thought you were alone, cuddling your knees into your chest. You knew that the people of the walls were extremely clueless to the real world; but you couldn't break it to them... no, you couldn't! They were your family, they loved and cared for you.

But how long could you keep up with this? They wouldn't be so clueless forever. They would find out eventually. You couldn't do this to them anymore, keep babying them. You suddenly fell unconscious with guilt and pain running through your veins. 

Reiner and Bertholdt found you collapsed and mumbling random things. Reiner picked you up bridal style and moved your H/C hair behind your ear... "Gosh," Reiner mumbled. "Your truly a sight to behold..." Bertholdt nodded ever so slightly behind him.

"Willy.... Fulfill your duty.... as a.. Tybur..... no future.... within the walls...." you mumbled. Reiner's eyes widened at this. He gave you a slight peck on your forehead.

Not aware of what was happening, you held onto him as if he was the world's most fit teddy bear. He blushed like mad, and Bertholdt had a sudden jolt of jealousy shoot through him. He nodded toward the rest of the Survey Corps, saying without words that he should take her to him.

Reiner gave you one last lustful look and ran to Commander Erwin.

"What's happened, Cadet Braun?" He asked, a look of concern plastered across his face. 

"She started mumbling weird things, sir, I'm not sure what to do...." he said.

"Royal family.... Don't touch me!.. special... Reiner..." he jumped when you said his name.

".... Bertholdt.. titan... shifters." Bertholdt and Reiner suddenly became very, very still. Erwin turned to face the two. "What... did she mean?" he asked, venom dripping from his voice.

Bertholdt looked at Reiner, and he just gulped, unsure what to do at the moment. "I'm sure it meant nothing, sire. You can confront her tomorrow at dinner when we'll be relieved of cleaning duty, sir." Reiner stated.

He raised an eyebrow, and hesitantly nodded at his offer. Bertholdt let out a heavy sigh as Commander Erwin walked away.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. But what needs to be done has to be done."