Epilogue

The rain relentlessly thundered against the rooftops in the town of Bree, only one person making their way through the streets of the town in the storm. The grey clad figure burst into The Prancing Pony, only stopping to scan his surroundings before they fell on one of the two people he was searching for in the crowded inn that was filled to the brim with merriment. He wasted no time in advancing on the person, his hand falling on a shoulder that was covered in a dark green cloak.

"Where is your sister?" He asked with a subtle panic in his tone.

The man wasn't able to answer him as a woman interrupted their exchange, one mug in each of her hands.

"Gandalf, I did not expect to see you here," Athena remarked, the smile at seeing her old friend disappearing when seeing the grave look that he held, "what's wrong?"

"We cannot speak here," he muttered before turning and making his way to the innkeeper, Barliman Butterbur.

They spoke together quietly for a few moments, Athena and Aragorn sharing a confused and cautious look with one another as they both wondered about what news Gandalf had rushed to tell them. After a moment the Grey Wizard returned before leading them through the drunken crowd and towards the parlour, Athena setting the two mugs that she was carrying on a passing table as she figured the news would not be something that they would feel the need to drink to.

They were led into the closed off room and away from the cheering of the Hobbits and Men alike that continued their partying in the next room, the door shutting and blocking off the clinking of mugs and booming laughter.

The siblings turned to Gandalf and waited for him to inform them on why he had decided to pay them a visit. He pulled out his pipe and lit it, blowing on it a few times before he was able to inhale the fumes of pipe weed, letting the smoke leave his lips but not creating any fantastical works of art like he usually would. They watched with tense eyes as he took a seat before looking up at Athena directly. Now that they were out of the way of prying eyes he asked the question he had been meaning to since entering the inn.

"Do you recall the ring that Bilbo found?"