Football or soccer pt. 3

"I'm open!" Alex Rider yelled out to his teammate. He traps the ball between his legs and starts to his best friend, Brian, on the team who was in the opposite goal. The team was scrimmaging agains each other and Alex's team was winning.

Alex quickly shoots the ball into the net scoring yet another goal and runs back towards his side of the field earning a few pats on the back on the way.

The team played for a few more minutes before a break was called. The break didn't last long and almost immediately they were back at it.

Alex was dribbling the ball up the field and attempts a goal but it's saved by Brian.

"Rider take a break and play defense. Smith switch out with him!" Coach shouts.

The two quickly do as told and soon enough Alex is getting ready to def d their goal.

Alex's eyes travel away for two seconds but catch a streak of blonde hair through the side of his eyes. Alex turns his head away from the game and his eyes meet with a ghost.

Yassen.

That's until the ball comes flying at Alex's head knocking him unconscious. The entire team crowd around him. Yassen walks a bit closer as well.

Alex's eyes flutter open and meet the faces of coach and Brian. He goes to sit up but a hand on his shoulder prevents him from doing so.

"I'm so sorry Al," a kid named Jared says and Alex can only assume he's the one who hit him. Brian helps him sit though still dazed.

His eyes make his way back to Yassen who Alex realizes is actually there. In front of him. Alive.

"Are you okay?" His teammates ask as they circle around him.

"Yeah, yeah," Alex brushes them off.

"Let's get you up slowly," Coach tells him and then helps him up. Jared is still apologizing, Coach is freaking out, Brian is laughing at him, his teammates are staring at him, Yassen is waking over—that's right! Fucking Yassen is walking over. As in physically walking, on earth, unless...

"Am I dead," Alex blurts out suddenly earning an even more frantic Coach, an even harder laughing Brian, and some more concerned looks.

"I need to call someone," Coach says while whipping out his phone and calling either 911 or the Pleasures. Alex was hoping the latter.

"Yassen?" Alex asks lowly. The man nods and Alex walks over to give him a hug. After embracing each other for a few moments Alex pulls away but before he can start to ask questions his coach interrupted.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm here to take Alex here home," Yassen makes up. "His guardians would like him to come home earlier as they are leaving on a trip for the weekend," he explains and Alex has got to say, he is a really good liar.

"Doesn't answer who you are," Coach says.

"His uncle I guess," Yassen says as if it's the obvious making his story even more convincing.

Coach looks at the man skeptically. He does notice that Alex and the man seem relatively close and comfortable with each other so he decides to go with it.

"Okay, make sure you have someone check out his head though," Coach says gruffly. Yassen nods and the pair turn around and begin to leave the fields. Just before they go anymore Coach says one more thing.

"He thinks he's dead," Coach adds as off Alex can't here him. Yassen surprisingly has to keep himself from laughing giving a short but firm nod and leaving with Alex.

"Is your head okay?" Yassen checks as the walk away.

"Yeah I think so, um how are you um—well—you know—breathing—above ground?"

"Long story," Yassen says.

"Nothing else?!" Alex shrieks. "You're not going to give me anything else?! Are you serious?!"

Yassen snorts with a sigh at the end.

"I was revived."

Alex almost seethes at his short answer but chooses to ignore it.

"So where exactly are you taking me?" Alex asks the older male.

"Wherever you want. Pleasure household?" He asks Alex.

"Sure. What was you're point of coming here?" Alex asks unsure of why the assassin was here.

Yassen merely shrugs.

Alex was in rage and couldn't ignore it this time.

"YOU FUCKING CAME TO ME AND MADE ME GET DISTRACTED, I PROBABLY HAVE A CONCUSSION THANKS TO YOUR PRESENCE. YOU WONT TELL ME HOW THE HELL YOU'RE ALIVE AND SURE AS HELL WONT TELL ME WHY YOU'RE HERE. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU WEIRD, INCONSIDERATE, PAIN IN THE ASS, PIECE OF WHAT SHOULD BE ROTTING FLESH—," Alex continues but Yassen does his best to ignore it.

Also Yassen can think is well he sure as hell doesn't have a concussion if he can yell like that.