If it isn't Alex Rider (Part 2)

Tom's POV

I watch as Alex leaves with his enemies and I notice the man that he was talking with earlier cussing under his breath. Before I can stop myself I stand up and walk over to him ignoring the shouts that come from my teachers who are still on the floor with most of the other people in the airport.

"What's your name?" I ask while helping put pressure on his bullet wound. He glances at me warily.

"Why?" He asks me still confused as to why I'm helping him.

"Because you seemed to know Alex so who are you. FBI? CIA?" I ask him and he looks at me in shock.

"You know about Alex?" He asks and I nod.

"I'm Drew, CIA," he tells me and I nod. "Take care of Alex before?" He asks me probably because I seemed so used to the bullet wound in his calf. I nod at him answering his question. Within the next few moments a bunch of men walk in and Drew seems to know them which means the must be CIA.

A man that leaks confidence and power walks over to Drew and I.

"Hey kid," he greets before turning to Drew. "What happened?" The man asks him.

"Scorpia agents came-," but the mans loud clearing of the throat cuts him off. Drew brushes him off. "He knows about Scorpia Joe," he tells the man which I guess is Joe.

"How?" He asks me.

"Alex Rider," I say and his face morphs into a shocked expression. "He's my best friend. I know everything about him," I say to this Joe guy hinting at what I mean and I know that he knows I know about Alex's secret life.

"Well I'm Joe Byrne, head of the CIA."

A few months later...(Nobody's POV)

Alex Riders arms were chained to the wall, his dead weight putting extra strain on his thin arms. The teenage boy had been there for so many days he could no longer count. His whole body ached in pain and exhaustion.

Three had visited him on many occasions only to leave Alex withering in pain or passed out from blood loss. Alex was losing hope.

The days blurred together and he was tired, hungry, injured and alone. Alex couldn't remember the last time he was allowed to lay down and sleep or sit down to eat. He was just left chained to the wall all day. Every now and again they would bring some water and stale bread to keep him alive but nothing else.

The sound of the cell door opening somewhat startles the young boy but he's too exhausted to react. There's some thumps and movement along with the sound of chains rattling but before anything happens the door slams shut again.

"Ow," a voice, that is somewhat familiar to Alex, says. Alex couldn't find it in him to look up.

"Is he okay," a soft voice asks. I gruff voice answers in a voice just as quiet.

"I'm not sure," they say. Alex is confused by their questions but makes no moves to speak.

"Cub?" A the same voice calls out. Something clicked in his mind when the name was used. Alex resized where he knew the voices from but still made no move to react.

"Hey Cub," Snake says gently while walking up to the boy that the unit had grown to care for.

"Hey," Alex says in a quiet, guttural voice that has not been used for a while. Snake and Wolf then attempt to get their restraints off. Fox and Eagle doing the same in the corner.

Snake and Wolf then look at Alex restraints trying to find a way to get the injured boy out of them. Snake reaches up and lightly touches the chains drawing a wince from Alex.

"Sorry," Snake apologizes softly. "Wolf go behind him," Snake commands knowing that the boy is in no shape to hold his own weight no matter how light he may be. He then quickly opens the chains that were holding Cub up resulting in the boy collapsing, dead weight into Wolfs waiting arms.

Alex winces in pain at the contact and his arms throb. Wolf gently lowers the boy to the ground and Snake then goes to check over the boy. The unit medic appalled at the small boys condition.

Cuts scatter along Alex's small frame. Broken ribs stick out quite obviously and his arms are useless as they were basically dead from having to hold his entire weight for such a long time.

"Rest," Snake tells the boy who almost immediately falls asleep. Snake then stands up and joins the other members of k unit.

"Is he okay?" Fox asks their unit medic. Snake sighs with a small shake of his head.

"I'm worried about him getting an infection or something. Along with that he has a few broken ribs and on top of that he's malnourished, dehydrated, and exhausted," Snake informs them.

"Well we have to get him out of here," Wolf says and the others nod in agreement. They sit in silence until some food and water is shoved through the door.

There were four bottles of water, two apples, and four sandwiches. The unit each eat a half of a sandwich and they drink two of the water bottles leaving the majority of the food for Alex.

After the unit eats Snake wakes up Alex. Alex tried to ignore Snake at first, desperate for some extra sleep but Snake was persistent.

"What?" Alex asks.

"They brought some food and water," Wolf says. Snake helps the boy sit up slowly so that it wouldn't be to painful.

Alex's stomach claws at itself at the sight of the sandwiches but along with the hunger was slight nausea. Alex was handed one of the sandwiches and he immediately dug in hoping to help the hunger pains in his stomach. He barley finished half before having to stop.

"Alex you need to eat more than that," Fox says to the boy. Alex shakes his head.

"I'm full," he replies. Snake sighs knowing that this wasn't good. Alex knew that his stomach shrunk as well but he couldn't find the strength to eat more.

"Here drink some water," Snake said while offering a bottle of water. Alex drinks it without complaint and enjoys the refreshing water wash down his throat.

Before anyone else can say or do anything Alex and the others hear shouts growing louder from outside their cell.

"They're bombing," voices from outside shout. That concerns everyone in the room. Alex can't help but wonder who it is.

"It's the CIA!" Someone shouts from outside answering Alex's internal question. There's a few more shouts saying to evacuate and footsteps stomp all around.

The first hit rattles the room.

The second hit rattles the building.

The third hit cracks the ceiling.

The forth hit brings the roof down.

The roof collapses in on itself. Pillars snapped around Alex and K unit. The broken pill oats protect them and they are left buried underneath the building but alive.

The dust settles around them resulting in a few shaky breaths and coughs.

CIA agents storm the area and get Alex and the unit out. They get flown to a nearby hospital.

The first sight Alex sees when he wakes up after surgery is Tom. He sees his best friend safe in front of him allowing him to let out a breath of relief.

Tom was safe. Wolf was safe. Fox, Snake and Eagle were safe. He himself was safe.

Everybody was safe.