Cheshire Naib x reader || fluff

me being super cliche cuz I have no inspiration or motivation? It's more like than you'd think
not in the manor? mentions of college, ig, if that stresses anyone out (:

requested by: basiiillovesyou

"Hello dear, how might you be this fine evening?" A familiar voice greeted you from everywhere around you. You couldn't see him, but you've been through enough similar interactions to know exactly what was going on. 

"It's the middle of the night." You correct, squinting your eyes at the branch of a nearby tree in a futile attempt to spot the elusive cat. You decide not to answer his question until he shows himself. The trees whirl around you as you turn yourself to set your eyes on a new target. Surrounding your ears, a dark chuckle fills the dark forest you find yourself in. You whip around as a hand touches your shoulder.

"Behind you." Your eyes meet his, your eyebrows raised in a tired glower, already fed up with his tricks. He continued, "alright, I'll stop. You look tired." His comment only made your glare darken. As much as you loved your cat, his antics were getting on your nerves. 

"That's your fault. If you don't wake me up every night, maybe I wouldn't be such an asshole every day." You reached to flick his nose, but he jumped back before you reached him, prepared for your attacks. You turn and lung at him, determined to inflict your less than harsh punishment on him. He grins at you as he seems to disappear into thin air and appear a few feet behind you, inciting a short game of chase. Every time you managed to get close to him, he would vanish and reappear behind you. It wasn't long until you caught on to his pattern. You lunged at him again, and, after he disappeared, turned and threw yourself in the opposite direction. Misjudging both the distance and the force of your projectile attack, you toppled into him when he returned to visibility. His back hit the ground with an audible thud as you flicked his nose and laughed in victory. With your eyes closed, nose scrunched, and arms raised, you didn't notice his staring at you. Only when your laughter died down did you notice where you were sitting, right where he wanted you. He was laying flat on the ground, propped up by his elbows, his eyes didn't leave your face as you reveled in your victory. Your arms dropped to your sides, which brushed against Naib's from their lazy swinging. His previously half-closed eyelids shot open as your fingers found their way to the sides of his stomach. 

"Don't you dare." His voice wavered. The tables were turned now. A cheshire grin found its way to your face as he wore a look of pure terror. To put it frankly, you were too tired to engage in all out tickle war with the boy below you, so instead of subjecting him to relentless tourture, you rolled off of him, laying beside him and deciding to get him when you were more energized. Unconsciously, you closed your eyes, placing your hands behind your head. You shared a moment of silence with your favorite cat before he spoke up.

"I'm sorry, uh sorry for not letting you sleep." You turned to face him, propping your head up with your elbow. You sighed, letting your eyes meet his as you smiled again, albeit it drowsily. You brought your free hand to his cheek, papping it lightly.

"You don't have to apologize. Besides I'd rather spend my time with you anyways." You could see the gears turning in his head. Of course he was used to being the flirty one; you were too tired to be embarrassed by your words, besides, you figured it was time to do something about your constant back and forth banter between the two of you. Before another word left your mouth, you woke up. 

Groaning, you rolled out of bed. Shivers travelled up and down your spine as your feet hit the floor, devoid of warmth and hope. You didn't feel like taking your pajamas off before you went to the kitchen, so, wrapping yourself in a blanket, you made your way to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal, or whatever you could find. The creaks in the floorboard annouce your arrival to the only other person in the kitchen, one of your roommates.