Norton x reader || secret santa

,,, i use so many adverbs,,, h e l p 
Just,,, holding Norton's hand,,, a lot, also, this sucks im sorry it was rushed

You opened the slip of paper with a simple hum. A humble smile crossed your face when your eyes met the name Emma. In your experience, gifting Emma something was a simple, yet rewarding task. This did leave the question for you, who was getting a gift for you? It isn't like it really mattered, but you were still curious. You felt bad for leaving everyone so suddenly, but you decided to apologize in the morning. Before you slipped into bed, a knock sounded from outside your door. You did not feel like talking to anyone again, so you feigned sleep and hoped whoever it was would be willing to talk to you in the morning. The knock sounded again, but a few seconds after you didn't respond, you heard footsteps walking away. That was your last thought before you slipped into your dreams. 

You awoke to an oddly silent manor. Usually by the time you woke up, you could already hear shouting from downstairs, but everything was still. You didn't want to break the silence, so as quietly as possible, you made your way downstairs. Before you could even make it to the staircase, a good friend of yours began to speak to you from behind you. 

"What are you doing awake?" Norton asked as he slid beside you, taking your shoulders in his arm. You were confused for a moment before you realized the time. In your entirety of your time in the manor, which wasn't that long, you had never woken up at 5 am, or if you had, you went right back to bed. Funny enough, you knew that Norton wasn't an early riser as well. 

"What are you doing up?" You replied snarkily, drawing out the word 'you' as you moved your head to face him and greet him with a grin. 

"Glad to see you're feeling better." He shot back, not answering your question. He removed the arm from your shoulders and held your arm with the stitches on them. After thoroughly inspecting the slowly healing wound, he let go, satisfied with how it looked slightly better than the day before. Your smile never left your face as you took his hand and led him downstairs. You had to tug him along after your first step, but once you silently indicated your direction, he willingly followed, slightly hunched over to keep his hand in yours. You led him to the kitchen where you let go of his hand to dig around in the fridge. You didn't pay any mind to him when your hand left his, and he wasn't happy about it. As you walked from place to place around the kitchen making food for the two of you, he stood in the place you left him, thinking of your miniscule hand in his large one. God, he was glad you weren't looking at him right now. Never has he felt whatever trip he was on just from his natural protectiveness, in fact, he never thought of himself as protective until he met you. His thoughts shifted from how your affection was the only touch he liked to how affectionate the other survivors were with you. Now, he was a little jealous. You could tell he was thinking about something that bothered him, but he snapped out of whatever he was thinking when you pulled him again to the nearby table with two plates on it. While the two of you ate, Emily walked in after a few minutes. She stopped for a moment, her mouth open as if she were about to ask a question, but didn't say anything as she began to make something for herself. 

"Good morning, Emily. Would you like any help?" You speak up. The breaking of silence caused the two pairs of eyes in the room to fall on you in an instant. The doctor, who seemed to already be making breakfast for the others as she was herself, shook her head while she responded. 

"Good morning, (y/n). I don't need any help, but may I ask what you're doing up so early?" Her tone alluded to the fact that she wasn't exactly happy with you ignoring her instruction to get rest. A nervous grin made its way to your face as you stammered an answer.

"I uh took a nap yesterday, so I uh couldn't sleep very well last night." You don't know why you were so nervous, but you knew it had to do with her stern, disapproving look. She seemed amused by your behavior. Letting out a half-sigh half-chuckle, she sent you on your way with the reassurance that you would go to bed at a reasonable time at night. You left the kitchen with an odd feeling, like you were missing something. You turned your head and met eyes with Norton, who was standing a few feet behind you, almost as if he were unable to move. You realized that the whole morning, you've been leading him around. Backtracking a few steps, your hand found its way into his once again as you set off for your next excursion. As you lead him along, you snuck a few short glances at his face only to find his eyes set on you, causing you to quickly look away again. You could feel his subtle smile behind you. You led him first to the garden, then after helping Emma and Fiona pull weeds from the flowerbed, you decided to clean up and read, trying anything to pass the time that you now had plenty of since you were not allowed in matches for the time being. As you expected, Norton followed you, large hand encompassing your smaller one. Instead of reading in your room as you normally would, you went to the library. While you were choosing a book, Norton lit the fireplace. The two of you settled in a comfortable silence as you opened the first page, then Norton spoke up.