Lucky x reader || fluff

lucky guy has to wear a maid outfit for a match. reader tries to make him feel more confident wearing it, maybe even wearing one, too so that lucky feels more comfortable? just reader being supportive n lucky falling deeper in love.

^ dude, you come up with the cutest requests
2nd person, cuz I'm indecisive

Did you hear the woman in front of you correctly? Were you really getting new costumes? Rather did you have the chance to wear something other than your normal hard-to-run-in outfit? All these questions filled your head as you went to your best friend to get his opinion on the new announcement.

"Well, I'm not so sure." He started, rubbing his hands together anxiously, "We know whoever is behind this whole game isn't exactly," He paused and you tried to fill in the gap between his words.

"Right in the head, fair, sane?" Listing words to describe the man who had you all trapped in the manor, fighting for your lives. Lucky chuckled at you before continuing.

"Well, I wouldn't use such harsh words, but yeah. All I'm saying is that this would be a perfect opportunity to do something to us to make the game harder." He finished, but before you could reply, a voice carried across the room, directed at Lucky. The call beckoned him; it meant that he was the lucky person to get a new costume. He sauntered to the opposite door, reluctant to follow the feather-adorned lady across from him. You, on the other hand, were excited for him. He was given a few different t-shirts and jeans since he arrived, but Lady Nightingale herself came from wherever she normally hid to give a select few survivors something completely new for their wardrobe. You couldn't hide your smile as you waved cheerfully to him as he left the room, glancing back for a second. You could catch a brief eye-roll directed at you before he slipped out of sight. Your plan was to wait for him to get back, so you could be the first to see him wearing something cool, but that was instantly shot as you were assigned to a match with your fellow veterans: Emily, Freddy, and Emma. As you left the main room to head towards the match room, you caught a glimpse of Lucky with a tape around his waist. Quickly, you covered your mouth to stifle a giggle as to not give away your friend's situation. It seemed as you took his attention, as his eyes met yours and he flashed you a nervous smile.

"Good Luck." He mouthed through the window.

"You too." You reply silently, losing sight of him as you ducked into the other room. After readying yourself and wishing your teammates "good luck," the match began.

The match was going well, as far as you could tell. You had finished the second cipher, and no one had been downed, though the lawyer had been hit once already. As you were going to move to the next cipher, your heart began to pound. You decided to hide behind the cipher, in hopes that the hunter would overlook you, as you didn't feel up for kiting. Your humble request was not granted as you heard the distant dash of the Joker gradually become louder. Not wanting to risk getting stuck, you leapt up from your hiding place, vaulting over the nearest window, barely missing the swing of the hunter. You ran from one side of the map to the other, continuing to dodge the heavy attacks from the brightly dressed clown terrorizing you. Two more ciphers were popped, and Joker's attention shifted to the unhealed lawyer. You tried your best not to be seen as you tip-toed back to your barely touched cipher. You managed to get about halfway through before Freddy got hit again, Joker wasting no time tying him to a chair. No one in your team wanted to rescue him, but someone had to. Being the closest to him, it was up to you to find the best time. You waited until right before the timer reached the halfway mark, making considerable cipher machine progress, and rescued him, only getting hit once in the process. You ran back to your cipher and continued to work, ignoring the bell that signalled the lawyer's incapacitation, and his shouts as the chair flew away. A cipher popped right before yours, meaning there was only one left. You decided to wait for the cipher pop at the exit gate; though, it never happened. To prevent your location from being revealed, you began to work on the cipher hidden within the walls near the gate. Typing away, you finally hear something from Emma and Emily, at the same time.

"Focus on decoding."

Great. You assumed they were both being chased, though you weren't quite sure why one of them couldn't get away. Replying with haste, you shouted your cipher progress of 16 percent. Half-a-cipher later, the doctor was hit, and soon after, the gardener came by your side to help you decode. It seemes like Emily was leading the hunter towards them, for when she was incapacitated and chaired, it was mere seconds away from where the two decoded. Since the doctor was so close, Emma healed you and let you rescue. You didn't get hit while rescuing her, and Emma primed the cipher perfectly. After Emily got hit, she popped the last cipher, and you started to open the exit gate. Your teamwork resulted in a three person escape. You walked back to the manor while discussing what the new costumes could possibly be. As you walked into the manor, your best friend was nowhere to be seen. You thought that he would want to show off whatever he got to wear, so you became slightly worried when he didn't greet you after your match. You asked everyone around if they had seen Lucky, but no one has. Luckily, he was in his room, but there were sniffles coming from behind the door. You knocked.

"Lucky, It's me, (y/n). Can I come in?" There was no response. You knocked again, but to no avail. Finally, you decided to go in, sans permission. There he was, sitting on the ground in a detailed, fluffy maid's dress. Though your first instinct was to giggle, you didn't, knowing it would make the situation worse. Instead, you did what you normally do to comfort him. Taking his chin in your hand, you pointed his face towards yours, giving him a sincere smile. You took his glasses off and wiped his tears, then pulled him into a hug. You could feel him start to smile back as his arms wrapped around you.

"For the record," you started, causing him to pull away and look into your eyes, "I think you look very cute. The outfit suits you." As the compliments registered in his brain, his face got brighter, and more pink. You held his head as he buried his embarrassed face in your shoulder. You realized that this wasn't going to make him leave his room alone, and it was almost time for dinner.

"It's almost dinner time, you're coming to eat with me, right?" You innocently questioned, hoping that he would be ok with wearing it until after dinner. He shook his head, his eyes pleading for you not to make him go down. You sighed and got up; his eyes followed you out of curiosity and devotion, observing your every move. Of course he was grateful for you, but the dress was too much. Lost in his thoughts of how sweet you were to him, he didn't notice you grab something from his closet, and he didn't notice you slip into his bathroom. He only noticed you when you came out, wearing the extra dress he was given, in case the other was torn. When you revealed yourself, his eyes were on nothing but you. His eyes ran up and down your figure, face getting hotter with each passing second. You slowly got closer to him and bent down to his level, locking eyes and hands. He tried to stammer out a sentence; he didn't get very far when you shushed him, putting a finger to his lips, then moving to his hair, where you softly ran your fingers through his dirty blond locks. He couldn't help the next words that came tumbling from his lips.

"I love you."

Word Count: 1410

a/n: ok, I know what I said, forgive me^^ Here's the plan: I'm going to, starting today, begin updating every other day. Depending on how i feel, i might update on Tuesdays, I might not. If I don't update, I'll try to get out two chapters on Sunday and Monday, if that makes sense.

I've been trying to work around my quarantine and family, and I think I've got it figured out! I hope you enjoyed! Have a wonderful day!

Line-Up:
Lucky x reader part 2*
Norton x reader
Mike x reader
^ this is all subject to change
* anything with this, however, is guaranteed

Also! I forgot to mention! This book is officially 1 month old! And we are already to 3k views (and well over 100 votes) wow! Thank you so much! What started out as a scatterbrained plan to get back into writing turned into something that made me truly happy, and even though I've been a little late in updating, I'm so happy to be able to work on this! Thank you all for your support^^ ily!