Haunted Ruins of the Past

Upon entering the Kokiri Forest you were met with a massive Deku Baba that lunged at you, a poisonous vapor seeping from its nasty maw. Quickly you dodged the attack and with a clever swing of your Master Sword sliced cleanly through the Deku Baba's stem.   After the monster's imminent destruction you gazed about the village forlornly. "The village is overrun by dangerous creatures, we should dispose of them," Navi suggested. You nodded silently before rushing towards a Mad Scrub glancing warily about. 

     Not even after five minutes all the evil monsters within the village and the Great Deku Tree's Meadow were destroyed. The gentle immortal Kokiri emerged from their stump like homes seeming to breathe a sigh of relief. One by one they approached you realizing you were responsible for saving their homesteads. A girl with orange hair came nearest you with her twin sister examining you with keen interest. Her eyes widened when she recognized you as the Guardian Spirit of the Lost Woods. "Lady Y/N you're back!" She and the other Kokiri bowed low to you. Returning their bow with one of your own you calmly asked, "What has happened here?"  The twin sighed softly before turning to her sister who nodded urgently. "Saria sensed a foul wind blowing from the Forest Temple so she went to investigate. When she didn't return for some time the Great Mido decided to follow her." 

    Your vulpine ears lowered sadly. "Forgive me it has been seven years since I last walked among the trees. I should have been here to protect you all and the forest." One of the Know-It-All- Brothers, stepped forward clasping his hands behind his back. "Well you've returned now that's all that matters. Please Lady Y/N save our friends." You smiled to the wise brother then raised your e/c spheres to the entrance of the Lost Woods upon the hill above. "Let's go Y/N," Navi urged.  

    As you entered the Lost Woods you quickly retraced the familiar path to the Sacred Forest Meadow. Along the way however your sharp nose alerted you to the scent of freshly spilled blood. Off the beaten path near a deep pond sat the Great Mido hugging his knees with his red fairy companion floating nearby. You could tell he was injured but not too badly thank Farore. The leader of the Kokiri heard you approach and quickly jumped to his feet, he was brandishing a Deku Stick like a staff. His stone-like gaze softened as recognition crossed his face. "You ... " he whispered kneeling as best as he could. You dug into your traveling bag eventually pulling out a red potion you had bought in Kakariko Village. "Here drink this it will soothe your wounds Mido." 

   He drank the potion gratefully and he soon felt his wounds seal and his stamina return. "Thank you. I was trying to help Saria but on my way to the Forest Temple, I was attacked by Wolfos. Y/N, the Wolfos are servants to the Evil King now. Thank Farore I was able to fight them off." You listened calmly as you took back the empty flask. "Don't worry Mido I am going to put things right and save Saria." Mido flashed you a rare smile. "I know but please be careful, Skull Kids tell me the Sacred Forest is overrun by heavily armed Moblins." You grimaced at the mention of these creatures as they were infamous for pillaging and harming innocent folk. "Get back to the village Mido you should be safe there," you ordered. Mido nodded and departed quickly. 

  ***********************************************************************************************

    "ARRGH!" cried a Moblin soldier who had fallen victim to your Hookshot attack from above. "Not the way Link would have handled it but good work," Navi stated. "I do not see you offering assistance Navi," you fired back. "Hey, I'm helping just in a way you wouldn't understand." You chuckled lightly before continuing on your assault of the patrolling Moblins through the twisting maze. As you entered the wide corridor with two adjoining stairwells you spied the largest of the Moblins who appeared as the captain. Wielding a giant club he smashed the ground sending dangerous shockwaves towards you. You quickly dodged his oncoming attacks then brought him to the mercy of the Master Sword.