Spiritual Preparation

Once again you found yourself Link camping under the stars of Hyrule. The sound of rushing water filled your ears bringing a feeling of inner calming peace to your spirit. Link finished preparing the meal consisting of freshly caught fish and spicy rice pilaf.  As he served you a bowl he noticed that he sustained several burnings and wounds from your trek through the Fire Temple. "Hey do those hurt?" he asked urgently. You glanced at your several injuries seeming to shrug it off. "Not by much, kitsunes have a high pain tolerance and heal faster than humans." Link nodded. "Well after you eat you should get some rest. We're heading to Zoras Domain in the morning. I know where there's a Great Fairy Fountain nearby we can get you healed there." You smiled at Link grateful for his concern over your wellbeing.

      No sooner had you hit the pillow did you fall fast asleep. You felt your spirit once more travel from Hyrule's material plane to Din's Silent Realm. The great volcanic mountain seemed to bubble more serenely than from your last visit. Blinking your e/c spheres surveyed the area, no Guardians were patrolling. Suddenly a distant melody rose over the tranquil silence of the realm. You recognized it as the instrument of a pipe organ, this caused your heart to thump wildly in your chest. Eagerly followed the music until you passed through the entry of what appeared to be a spacious living chamber within the mountain. It was decorated in the same style as Ganondorf's royal suite back within the Gerudo palace. 

      Sitting with his back to you before a magnificent pipe organ was the King himself, his crimson and gold cloak draped gracefully over the bench. You breathed in then exhaled as you softly approached him not wishing to disturb his beautiful playing. Once you were at his side you quietly watched his form give life to the instrument he conducted with such loving care. His fingers flowed across the keys as he adjusted the volume accordingly with a simple press to the bass pedals. The King wore a tranquil expression on his face however a single tear was trailing down his cheek. Feeling your heartstrings tugging from within you gently reached over and cupped his cheek in your hand capturing the tear in the process. Ganondorf ceased his playing slowly his golden eyes fluttered opened focusing them on you. "I knew you would come," he whispered in a husky voice. 

     Ganondorf took your hand and kissed it tenderly. "Oh, I have missed you Y/N. Thank Din you came tonight." He turned to fully face you on the organ bench then gently nestled you onto his lap. "That song you were playing was quite beautiful," you complimented him. Ganondorf smiled nuzzling you close. "I'm glad because I wrote it for you," he answered. " I am hoping it will be a wedding march." Your jaw dropped a bit as you heard your heart hammer in your ribcage. Ganondorf chuckled softly placing an endearing kiss upon your forehead. "I heard of your deeds in Death Mountain. Volvagia is no more, thanks to you and that ...boy." You smirked and nodded. "Din has revealed to me your next destination the Water Temple, however, she has tasked me to prepare you for the journey ahead." You blinked a few times somewhat confused. "Come." 

    Without warning, Ganondorf lifted you into his strong arms and carried you to an inner cavern. Inside this cavern was a hot spring with steam rising from the heated waters. Setting you down on your own two feet the King gestured to the pool. "Strip down and enter the springs. I promise not to peek ... much." Ganondorf chuckled to himself as he turned away folding his arms across his chest. Carefully you removed all your clothing then cautiously stepped into the hot springs. At first, it was scalding but your body quickly adjusted to its temperature the water soothed your burns and wounds. You were submerged up to your chest by the time Ganondorf turned back around. He walked around to one of the edges nearest your location beckoning you forward. You gracefully swam up to him. "Do you trust me?" he asked sitting cross-legged before the edge. "Yes," you said unsure where this was going. Ganondorf scooped up a jar filled with water instructing you to dip your head back. As you obeyed you felt him soak your h/l h/c tresses with the water. He was careful to avoid your vulpine ears then repeated the process with each of your tails. 

    After you stepped from the hot springs sometime later Ganondorf dried you off then wrapped your body in a teal robe bearing the Gerudo symbol. It felt very loose upon your tiny form. "These don't fit," you complained lightly. Ganondorf grinned. "We're going to fix that in a moment but first let me tend to your wounds." The King sat you down the crouched to your level taking a dish filled with red-colored ointment. It smelled roughly of flowers. He tenderly applied this ointment to each of your injuries which magically sealed them. "This ointment is called Dinraal's Tears," he explained. Ganon summoned a comb then brushed out your tangles lovingly until your hair was smooth and straight. 

   He led back you into his living quarters and had you stand on a stool facing a mirror. You tried very hard not to trip over the robes as you obeyed. Ganondorf gently steadied you then taking a needle and matching thread began to tailor the robes to your form. "I had no idea you were good with hemming clothes," you noted. "It comes when you are raised in a society of females and you have two mothers," he chuckled. He stepped back to admire his work then nodded in satisfaction. "Just a few more things," Ganondorf said. The King removed the Fireshield Earrings from your ears, then fitted a pair of gold dragonscale accessories to them. Ganondorf then dressed you in gold arm bangles a matching necklace. Finally, he had wrapped your bare feet in teal silk ribbons. "Done." You turned to admire yourself in the looking glass hardly recognizing the other you staring back. 

    Ganondorf appeared behind you the embraced you from behind. "I have prepared you to enter the Water Temple. Your spirit has been cleansed in Din's Essence and you wear the jewelry of her beloved dragon guardian. These jewels will protect you from elemental strife and even allow you to adapt to your surroundings." You breathed heavily placing both hands upon his own. Ganondorf placed a kiss upon your cheek. "Now go forward my brave Y/N. I will be watching over you." You quickly spun around in his arms and kissed him full and passionately upon his lips. "I love you Ganondorf Dragmire." The King chuckled sweetly enveloping you in one last embrace. "I love you too Y/N my future queen." 

A/N: Alright alright I couldn't resist and decided to give you all another chapter. Heehee enjoy and don't forget to comment if you want.