Here Is Gathered Hyrule's Bloody History

You were being gently shaken awake by the young lady Anju with one hand. Your eyes fluttered opened seeing Anju with a Cucco perched upon her shoulder clucking casually. "Good to see you are awake dear. I was afraid I was going to have to result to my little friend here to rouse you. How do you feel?" she asked smiling brightly. "Much better thank you," you replied sitting up carefully. The agonizing pain in your skull had subsided. Anju's smile widened as she clasped her hands together. " I am glad, your friends have returned by the way, and have been asking  of your wellbeing."  Rising to your feet you followed the young Cucco lady downstairs to where Shiek and Link were gathered at the front door. 

       Link glanced over to you relief shining upon his face as Navi happily encircled you. "I am glad you're ok Y/N," the Fairy stated. You grinned gratefully at her in response. Sheik faced you giving a nod to you in greeting. You look much better Y/N good. Impa will need all the help she can get as she is one of the Six Sages. Without any support to face the evil shadow creature, she is in great danger. " Navi flew in front of Shiek seeming to fume at him. "Then why did you allow her to go alone."  Sheik casually dismissed Navi as if she were a tiny pesky fly. "There is an entrance to the Shadow Temple beneath the graveyard of Kakariko. The only thing I can do is to teach you the melody that will lead you to the Shadow Temple." Shiek explained brandishing his lyre. Carefully he strummed a haunting tune upon the strings. You repeated the notes onto the Ocarina sharing a duet with your Shiekah guide. All of a sudden a dark purple light appeared then whisked you and Link away. 

        Materializing onto a stone pedestal surrounded by two rings of torches you and glanced around. The windmill of Kakariko loomed ahead with its veins spinning mournfully. You slowly whirled about only to come face to face with a massive stone door bearing the symbol of the Shiekah upon. "Link do you have the Eye of Truth?" you questioned. He nodded and pulled out a curious looking lens painted in beautiful dark colors with a single eye shaped in the prismatic glass. "How do we get inside?" Navi questioned hovering in front of the door. Glancing around at the torches you suddenly realized something odd about their placement. "I think we have to light all these torches simultaneously," you noted to the Fairy. Link snapped his fingers excitedly placing the Lens in his bag and drawing out a crystal with a fireball floating inside. He quickly cast the grand fire spell as it expanded and lit each of the torches. "Hey watch it!" you cried quickly stepping back. The huge door slowly lifted upward revealing a darkened tunnel and disappearing deep underground. 

    Traversing through the catacombs was certainly no easy task as there were many large gaps with no bridges and were too far to jump to. Link had to carry you across one at the entry using the Longshot. "There has to be any easier way to get around the Temple," Link declared as you stepped into a large circular chamber. This chamber held the statue of a giant bird facing several skull pillars. "I remember the Great Deku Tree once telling me about a fabled pair of boots that would allow you to walk on thin for a short period of time," you stated. "Do you know where?" Link asked. "Not precisely but my senses are telling me down that way." You gestured towards the northwestern part of the room. 

    After winding your way through a mausoleum portion of the Temple you slowly stumbled into a room with five spectral hands rising from the floor. Link raced forward his sword drawn but he was instantly captured earning a "Not again" screech from Navi. Suddenly a terrifying creature you knew as the Dead Hand rose from the muddy floor slinking sinisterly towards your friend. The monster twisted his head around attempting to take a bite when you launched the Master Sword square into its gaping jaw. The Dead Hand keeled over perishing instantly. As you retrieved your sword Link claimed the Hover Boots from a chest at the center of the room. 

    You two returned to the main chamber where you solved the mystery of the Valley of Shadow and opened the gate. Link carried you piggyback across the deep chasm where you delved deeper into the dark. After gathering silver Rupees from in and avoiding a bladed rotating trap you were able to retrieve a dungeon key and progress further. Together you Link and Navi braved the shadows avoiding heavily spiked traps, walking along invisible pathways, and battle against timed fans that attempted to whisk you to your death. Hours later you arrived at a sort of port where a large ship of a massive bird was docked. Great bells hung from its wings at the bow. 

   After climbing aboard you passed the Ocarina to Link where you noticed the Triforce symbol. He played Zelda's Lullaby and as if by magic the bells had begun to ring then the ship lurched forward sailing upon the misty river. You and Link fended off several Stalfos who dropped from the ceiling with ease. Once the ship came to a complete stop Navi shouted, "The ship is sinking quickly disembark." Link and you jumped off landing safely on the shore just in time to see the ship sink into the hazy mist below. After falling a statue using a fire arrow to set off some Bomb Flowers at its base you and Link quickly made your way towards the final chamber with the golden key in hand. Making the final crossing to the shadow spirit's lair was no easy feat as you and Link had to jump from one invisible platform to the next. Counting to three you inserted the key then ventured inside. In the very center was a large hole leading to an even larger chamber below. Link took your hand and then nodded to you before the two jumped through the hall. 

    You both screamed as you descended a long way landing upon a strange but bouncy surface. A large hand banged upon the surface that you recognized as a large drum that propelled you high into the air. Another hand slammed downward then launched into a song played at executions. You captured the glimpse of a red cyclopean creature as it stared you down before vanishing. "Quick Link the Lens ....whooooaaaa!!!" Bongo Bongo beat the drum in perfect cadence adding his own moaning voice to the tune as if singing a dirge. He stopped for a moment before forming one of his hands into a fist then aimed a punch at Link after you had managed to scramble piggyback. Quickly you loosened an arrow from the Fairy Bow instantly halting the attack and incapacitating the hand. You repeated the movement on Bongo Bongo's opposite hand. The monster charged forward exposing his angry red eye which you pierced with another arrow. While he was stunned you and Link hacked away at his weakened spot until at last he was defeated. The shadow spirit ended his own song then melted into the drum never to be seen again. You jumped off of Link's back as a blue light surrounded you both and carried you off to the Chamber of Sages. 

***********************************************************************************************

     Impa rose from her place upon the purple-colored pedestal, her arms crossed over her chest. "The friends with the noble Zelda's Ocarina ... As I expected you have come. Allow me to reintroduce myself ... I am Impa one of the Sheikah, caretaker to Princess Zelda ... and also I am the Sage who guards the Shadow Temple."  You smiled calmly at Impa never doubting her destiny as one. "We Sheikah have served the royalty of Hyrule for generations as attendants, however ... On that day seven years ago Demise possessed Ganondorf suddenly attacking our peaceful realm ... Hyrule Castle surrendered after a short time." 

   You felt a pang of guilt resound in your heart. "Forgive me Impa I encouraged Ganondorf to seek an audience with the King to allow the use of the Triforce ... instead he became cursed ... and now all of Hyrule pays that price," you murmured solemnly. Impa merely smiled sadly. "No Y/N Daphenes was a fool. Your heart was in the right place ... I know love when I see it." Link smirked in your direction as you blushed shyly at Impa's words. "Demise's target was one of the keys to the Sacred Realm and the hidden treasure of the Royal Family ...the Ocarina of Time. My duty bound me to draw Zelda out of his reach. When last I saw you Link you were just a lad. Now I see you have become a fine young hero. Y/N also as the Hero of Time" she continued. 

    Link rubbed the back of his neck rather awkwardly.  "What of Zelda?" he questioned suddenly feeling his face turn red. Impa simply stared at Link her face hardening. "There is no need to worry ... she is safe now." A sigh of relief escaped his lips. "Soon you two shall meet the Princess face to face and she will explain everything. That is when we the Six Wise Ones will seal up the evil deity Demise and return peace to Hyrule." Her eyes focused on you. " There is a way to exorcise Demise from Ganondorf, but in order to do so you will need all three pieces of the Triforce." Your eyes widened as hope gleamed in your heart. "Now I have to stay here ...you both go to Princess Zelda's side and protect her on my behalf. I put my power which should be helpful to you into this Medallion!!!" She raised her hands high and summoned a purple medallion bearing the symbol of Shadow upon it. As you and Link both touched it that white light surrounded you once more with Impa whispering, "Please look out for the Princess!"

A/N: Hey everyone I am back with another chapter. Hope you enjoyed this one and apologies in advance if it seemed rushed. Shadow Temple was never my favorite dungeon lol. Anyway, feel free to comment and vote. Next stop the Gerudo Desert. :D