Feast and Song

Ganondorf led you a few corridors down and up yet another grand flight of stairs with great torches alight with burning fires. Once you had crested the top you noticed a set of double doors carved from the same black stone and two guards posted on either side. They immediately saluted their King as he approached with you on his arm. "At ease," Ganondorf ordered dully. The guards relaxed slightly however they kept great posture. You couldn't help but notice this. "How is it they are able to stand that way?" Ganondorf gazed down at you a toothy smile appearing. "Discipline and years of intense training," he merely replied. 

     You blinked casually as Ganondorf pushed open one of the doors rather effortlessly and ushered you inside. This room had a similar layout to yours only this one was more spacious and ornately decorated. Chests of gold coins were piled throughout the chamber in surprisingly organized droves. Different types of weapons and jewels from Ganondorf's passed conquests  sat neatly in clay pots against the walls. Doors leading to closed interiors branched off into a circular portion of the chamber where a massive canopied bed was situated. A single hooded robe of black and crimson was folded and placed upon the satin sheets. Golden sunlight streamed through the high arched windows causing the treasures and coin pieces to gleam. You had an eerie feeling that these were the King's quarters.

    "Welcome to my private chambers Miss Y/N," Ganon whispered in a dark tone. You immediately turned to him your eyes burrowing daggers into his. "Don't get any bright ideas, Your Highness!" you exclaimed pointing a finger towards his chest. The King chuckled and shook his head. "If I wanted to claim you in that manner my dear trust me I would have already done so," Ganon replied. "I am no brute regardless of what those Hylians may think."  A great weight seemed to be lifted from your shoulders as the King stepped towards one of the closed doors. 

     Ganon opened the door revealing an exquisite dining room.  Inside was a long stone table covered in platters of food and a large gold candelabra. A grand throne like seat stood facing another less ornate one. You assumed this was reserved for the King and any guest he would entertain which couldn't be quite often. Hanging from the ceiling was a magnificent black chandelier alight with many candles. Ganon pulled out the chair nearest you and gestured politely to you. You tilted your head at him in confusion. "Please sit Y/N," he invited. 

    After taking your seat he gently slid you up to the table where a covered dish along with several utensils was laid out before you. Blinking in rapid bewilderment you glanced around unsure of what to make of these foreign objects. "Uhm ... what are these for you?" Ganon sank into his own throne a look of surprise crossing his features. "Have you ever used utensils to eat before?" You shook your head feeling a little mortified. "I usually hunt for berries and Deku Nuts. Sometimes I will feast on a Baba or the occasional Mad Scrub if it wanders in my midst," you uttered nervously. Ganon nodded seeming to understand. "Very well, just watch me closely then. If you need help just ask." 

     You nodded simply and removed the lid to your dish revealing a large serving of sweet Moblin meat, what appeared to be a Deku Nut salad and  sauteed spicy peppers. A fancy cup filled with imported Lon Lon Milk stood to the left of your plate. "Dig in," the King said. You watched Ganondorf using his own fork and knife cutting up the meat carefully soon mentally mastering the technique for yourself. You tried it out physically finding very little difficulty in this. This earned you a warm smile from the King. "You're a quick study," he noted. "Watch for the peppers they are very spicy." You were hardly phased by the hot feel of the peppers on your tastebuds and found them quite tasty. 

    Once you cleared your plate of the first course you noticed Ganon slicing open a piece of wheat bread and spreading butter on it. Before taking a bite from it he caught your e/c watching him shyly. " The bread is delicious you ought to try it Y/N." You took a chunk for yourself and applied the butter spread on the now opened slice. You took a large bite instantly allowing the rich taste to linger in your mouth as you chewed. "You're right," you said in between mouthfuls. "This is sensational." Ganon chuckled heartily. "I am glad." You washed it down with the milk letting out a sigh of contentment when you were finished.