The failures of the White Room

3rd person POV

"The failures of the White Room"

"The... failures?" someone murmured

"Wha..." someone uttered in disbelief

-----------------------------------------------------------

To first understand the White Room, you first need to understand the curriculum.

Every year, the white room receives a set number of babies less than a year old. Each year, a new generation of the White Room is added. For the first 3 generations of the white room, the number of babies received were 50, 55, and 60 babies for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations respectively. Around 60% of the babies received are from orphanages around the country, a seemingly angelic deed by an otherwise demonic facility. Now as for the other 40%, more "straightforward" ways were used. Be it kidnapping disguised as murder, Poor families selling their babies so that they have less mouths to feed, and many other ways that are too "creative" to explain. This means it doesn't matter where the baby came from, as long as they get the required specimen.

"Oy oy oy, this is a bit much ain't it?" hashimoto from class A said in exasperation

"Why would they do that?..." Ichinose asked a question that was left unanswered

All of the students were sweating cold sweat. Nervous, scared, perhaps angry, nevertheless, they continued watching

The educations system is a bit different from other schools, well, "a bit" might be an understatement. Since the children were raised from since they were a baby, everything from the things they ate, what activities you do, what time you sleep, how long you slept, all of it were controlled, monitored, and taken note of. Every single movement was closely observed.

"How can someone live like that..." hirata voiced his helpless concern

"I can't even imagine what it's like to be there..." the usually quiet Airi said

"It's like having no privacy..." Hasebe said as she hugged herself, feeling goosebumps along her arms as she imagined what it's like to be observed 24/7

Even other students were getting goosebumps, imagining the same thing.

There are two major phases in the education of the White Room, and those were :

The growth and development phase
Ages 0-4

The education phase
Ages 4+

During the first 4 years of a white room student's life, they are raised in an abnormal, but otherwise happy way. This phase is the most human-like and happiest stage of their lives. The reason for is because this part of a humans life is the most crucial part for the development of their brains, and to be able to make sure that the minds of the students grow beautifully, they are given a chance to play, interact, run around, they even greeted each other during birthdays, though there was no celebration, it was still recognized. They were thought elementary-grade subjects at the same age other kids were learning what are the names of each shape and the alphabet song. But because of their environment that is designed to hasten the development of the brain, and with no one else to compare to, they treated it as normal, and they still smiled like the children they were.

Impressed and surprised murmurs spread over the room, not only because of the material they were learning at such a young age, but also how they seemed to think as it was natural for them to understand it.

"Yukimuu, you're a smart cookie, were you also like that at that age?" Hasebe asked

"Wha! Of course not, I can't even remember much of the past when I was that age, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't learning division and multiplication" yukimura said exasperated