Family

"Family: Where life begins and love never ends

"Family: Where life begins and love never ends."

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

"Thanks, Maya, I'll see you at the game. Alright, you take care now." Emily finished, hanging up the phone, after finalizing some details with her sister-in-law about the house, as she made her way down the stairs. It was when walking into the dining room did she see her daughter sitting at the table, hard at work doing what she assumed was homework, something she didn't miss when she was in high school.

"Hey, my little star." Giving her daughter a quick peck on the forehead. "I was about to head out to watch your brother's game, you coming?" 

"No, I'm good." A brief smile appeared on Julie's face, as she closed her book and turned towards her mother who was in the kitchen looking for something.

"Well, I've had photo shoots all day, and I don't think I got a chance to eat." Placing her cup under the faucet, briefly seeing the look her daughter was giving her. "But, before you start getting on me because of my unhealthy eating habits, I got a phone call today."

As Emily turned around drinking some of the water, she could tell something was up, watching as Julie slowly took her glasses off. "Yeah, I figured as much." 

Emily just tilted her head to the side. "Why would you figure? It was just Maya, checking up on us and talking about selling the house and all, she wants me to take some pictures for the website." Faking a groan as she slammed her head on the island, softly but hard enough the created noise, making Julie laugh at her mother's antics, a small smile growing on the older woman's face before it fell. "Anyways, it would mean we have to do a lot of cleaning and getting rid of some stuff. Mija, if you're ok with it, maybe you can tackle Dad's studio?"

When seeing her daughter avoiding eye contact, she could already tell that Julie wasn't a big fan of the news or the suggestion. Leaving the glass of water on the counter, she slowly walked over to her daughter and kneeled, placing a hand on Julie's leg. 

"I know it's still hard for you Mija, but you know Carlos and I wouldn't even know where to begin." But not seeing any sign that she was ok with the idea, Emily just squeezed Julie's leg in a comforting way, before clearing her throat. "It's ok, honey. If you're not ready, I-"

"No." Julie said, finally looking at her mom with a sad smile. "It's all right, maybe I'll try tonight." 

"You sure?" Getting a nod, Emily smiled as she stood back up. "Thank you again, my little star" kissing her daughter on the forehead and a big hug, before walking back around the counter to put her cup in the sink. "Don't forget the loft, and please be careful with the instruments that are up there please."

Julie just rolled her eyes, while reopening her school book. "I still don't understand why we have them. I mean with dad I can a little, but you mom I love you dearly, but your basically tone de-"

"You better stop talking before I ground you, young lady. I still have the authority to do that." Pointing a finger at the girl, who just raised her hands in the air in fake surrender, causing a  smile to once again appear on Emily's face, after she mentioned the instruments. With a glance over to the oven and seeing the time. "Oh, God. I'm gonna be late." 

Julie rolled her eyes before pointing towards the stack of letters. "Under the mail." 

Stopping her frantic searching, the woman slowly walked over to the pile and moved the mail to the side, and once seeing the thing she was looking for an awkward chuckle left her mouth. "Oops." She shrugged casually before dashing for her purse. "You're a lifesaver. See you later, Mija!" Was the last thing Emily said, before running out the door and towards her car.

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

Edited: 6 June 2023

Short chapter, but here is the first-ever part for the missing.

Yes, uploads are going to be a little scattered, since I have three projects I'll be working on with College and High School on top of that, but I do promise updates will happen when I can. 

The quick thing also, next week I have exams (Fun), but luckily there only for two days. So, for those two days depending on if I decide those will be update times, I will not be updating. 

So, hope you all enjoy this book, if you haven't go check out my three other JATP books called:

-Escape

-Ghost

-Amor Vincit Omnia

Take care y'all

-Mech-x4fan

(Updated: 6 December 2022)