Wish You the Best

(WARNING: Death is mentioned and talked about)

"You were unsure which part is worse--

The shock of what happened or the ache for what never will."

~🌑~🥀~🌑~

Emily knew that death was always waiting around the corner, just waiting for the unlucky soul to make a mistake and fall into their grasp, as all it relied on was the flip of a coin or a lucky hand to be the decision of if he collects or let's the soul go free for another day. Sadly, there was no way to escape them, no matter how much she prayed for just a few more minutes, with the man she called her husband and the father of her two children, death instead ignored her cry and left her with the aftermath of heartbreak.

"I'm sorry to say this, but Mrs. Molina it's time for a decision."

Looking up, it was clear that she wasn't ready, how could anyone be ready when deciding this? As the doctor and nurse watched her, no words could be said for this tuff decisions, all she could do was nod her head, watching as her husband's life line was finally snapped by the clicking off of a machine.  "Time of death..." Was the last thing she heard, as she kissed the cold hand that held what use to be their symbol that bound them together before leaving the dreadful room.

For Emily, her brain just felt like it was stuffed with cotton, as she left the hospital not caring if she had to sign forms or getting the belonging of her now late husband, it was once the door was slammed and she sat in her car did she finally start to break down. Memories of her and Marcel, kept playing through her mind, as she sobbed and shouted, gripping her wedding ring to the point it was close to piercing her skin. Once her throat was raw and there was no more tears came from her, all she could do was sit there and stare at the wall, not knowing what to do, even though her heart said otherwise. Subconsciously, she felt her body start to drive the familiar way towards the one place she was not ready to visit, the one place that housed her family that were never going to be ready for what she was going to say. 

As she pulled into the driveway of her home, Emily took a moment to imagine her and Marcel just sitting in the car, looking forward to surprising their family that he recovered and was finally back with them. Sadly, life liked to play cruel games on her, as she looked to the passenger side and only saw the empty seat, shaking her head and getting out of the car was difficult, especially when the front door opened to show her family. 

Two small figures ran towards her yelling, "Mom?!" as three adults followed behind them, watching as the small family hugged each other. Emily wanted to pretend that everything was fine, that her family was not broken at all, but the once her daughter looked at her with her father's eyes, and asked the one question,"How's dad?" Her dream broke.

All the strength she had left, as she collapsed to her children, and once again sobbed in anguish, holding her children closer, who slowly started to realize what happened, Julie still hoping that the tears were in joy, but all knowing the real reason. Marcel's sister, showing her disbelief, as she gripped her brother's mother-in-law's arm, looked at her friend, "Em, what happened to my brother?" 

Instead of looking up and acknowledging her family, all Emily could do was squeeze her children tighter and whisper, "He's gone...." as the Molina/Patterson family was broken once again due to a death in the family.

" as the Molina/Patterson family was broken once again due to a death in the family

Edited: 25 January 2024

So just to clarify, Amelia will be Luke and Emily's mother's name since well Emily's name is Emily.

Sorry for the sad beginning, but at least you got to see a little bit of what is to come in this story.

I'll update my other JATP tonight.

-Mech-x4fan

So, this wasn't my idea originally, someone who has been very nice and positive on my other book helped encourage this idea. She deserves so much love and I would recommend checking out her book. Please go and vote on hers.
KeeleyHill9

(So, I know it's been awhile since I've even bothered touching my JATP stories but writing anything has been hard lately. So, I'm really hoping that by going through this book I can hopefully get the inspiration again to continue. Right now I will be fixing some mistakes before I even bother working on another chapter right now, but the future can always change.)