Breathe

"Starting today, I need to forget what's gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what's coming next."

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

"Reggie, what are you talking about?" Alex felt himself asking his friend, hoping that he misheard him in a way. 

"I think Julie's mom is Em" The same words once again coming from Reggie's mouth, who was stilling having some difficulty believing the words himself.

Alex just shook his head, while waving his hands frantically towards his friend. "You know that isn't funny Reg." Those words caused Reggie to roll his eyes, as he walked closer to the blonde. "Alex" 

"No, Reg you can't say that kind of crap."

"Alex!"

"I know you miss her and so do I-"

"Alexander William Mercer!" Reggie shouted, cutting the boy off finally. "First of all, ouch can't believe you would think I would do that to you and especially Luke. Secondly, look at what I found." He finished showing the photo with two familiar people smiling at the two of them. "Now isn't that the last photo I took of Luke and Em before the incident?"

Even though Alex held the photo in his hand and was staring at the familiar faces of people he believed to be like a brother and little sister to him, his brain just couldn't fully believe it. "Reggie this could have been something we left in the garage and Julie's mom just so happened to find it."

The raven haired teen let out a groan while yanking at his hair. "Alex come on dude, you know I'm right." 

"And what if you are right, and Emily just so happened to be Luke's sister, what are you gonna do about it?"

Rolling his eyes once again, and snatching the photo out of the blondes hands. "I'm gonna show Luke this photo and let him know that he's an uncle to a talented niece." Just before Reggie could disappear and head to the garage, Alex grabbed his arm. "And what If you're wrong, and it turns out that she isn't his sister, all your doing is just hurting Luke more by giving him false hope."

"And what if I'm right Alex?" Snatching his arm from his friend and deciding to just go through the door. "Which we won't know till we show him this photograph."

"Only to still hurt him." Alex stated, making Reggie falter in his steps. "If you are right and Emily is Julie's mom, you're allowing Luke to suffer more knowing that he won't ever be able to speak to her or his nephew." The blonde drummer walked towards his band mate, putting his hand on his shoulder, a weak smile adorning his face. "Remember Reg, ignorance is bliss and right now that's all Luke needs at the moment."

With that Alex teleported out of the house, leaving a conflicted Reggie alone with his thoughts.

~☠️~🌹~☠️~

Emily was once again back at her computer desk, going through the images she captured of the house the only noise that could be heard was from Carlos's video games before Julie's voice was heard entering the room. 

"Hey, mom what'cha working on?" 

"Well, now that the house is on the market, we need to add some photos to the website." Her hand waving her daughter over to her desk. "Help me pick some good ones. I got this batch right here."