TIDE | 15

C H A P T E R   F I F T E E Nslow burn

slow burn

aerial:
to get air and land surfing.

Dawson was currently sitting on my bed as I searched through my closet for an outfit to wear this evening.

"What about this dress?" I ask holding up a red floral sundress as he nods in approval.

"I like that one." He responds in the same way as he did to the last several outfits I pulled out. "I think that whatever you wear you will look amazing."

Every little comment he made had the butterflies which reside in my stomach take flight. He had that type of effect on me.

"I'm just going to wear this one then. I'll be right back" I say grabbing the red sundress and stepping into my bathroom.

"Now where are you going? I promise I won't peak." Dawson says with a smirk as he leans back against my pillow with his hands behind his head.

"Oh I find that hard to believe." I say with a laugh as as I close the door and quickly change into the dress.

When I come out of the bathroom I find Dawson holding the picture frame of Crystal and I as he was so fixated on the photo he didn't notice me renter the room.

I take a seat on the bed beside him as I look over at the picture reaching for it as my hand brushes against his.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude on your personal stuff. I assume that's Crystal?" He asks approaching the conversation carefully.

"That it is. This was always my favourite picture of the two of us." I say resting my head against his shoulder as the we look at the picture. "I wish we had taken more together."

"It's nice to be able to finally put a face to who she was." Dawson says gently putting the photo back onto my nightstand before draping his arm over my shoulders pulling me up against his body.

I found myself leaning closer, wanting to feel his lips against mine again until the doorbell rang throughout the house.

I let out a groan before making my way to my feet and downstairs to where I could make out Jessa and Miranda standing behind the door.

"You guys were supposed to text me when you were on your way!" I exclaim opening the door as they make their way inside.

"We texted you twice, we're you busy?" Jessa asks just as Dawson makes his way down the stairs and comes and stands behind me. "That answers that question."

"Get your head out of the gutter Jess!" I respond, my cheeks flaming due to embarrassment.

"I'm Miranda, I've heard a lot about you Dawson!" she says giving him a smile to try and minimize the awkwardness Jessa created.