TIDE | 22

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - T W Oferris wheel

ferris wheel

boggings:
when a surfers weight is too far back.

"Dawson" I say a moment later after regaining my composure. "What are you doing here? You weren't supposed to show up till tomorrow".

"I know" he replies while placing his hand against my lower back, gently pushing me towards the cart. "The boys and I thought it would be a good idea to come and surprise you guys out here, Jessa mentioned you'd be at the fair".

While I took a seat on the cool plastic bench, I glanced over at Jessa and Miranda to find Garrett and Trace standing in front of them.

Dawson takes a seat beside me, the warmth radiating out of his jean clad legs to warm my bare ones.

"I'm shocked that you guys actually showed up today, I wasn't expecting this at all" I say after a moment of silence.

"That was the point, a surprise" he responds with a beaming smile. "You weren't too observant however, Jessa and Miranda noticed us a little while ago. You however, you were too busy with that candy apple".

I burst into laughed at that comment as the realization hits me like a brick. That's why the girls didn't want to come on the ferris wheel with me, they saw that Dawson was here.

Those sneaky chicks.

The man comes over once we're seated and secures the bar around our waists before signalling to another man as the ride suddenly jerks forward.

"I haven't seen you in forever" he says gently placing his hand on my thigh as I turn to face him, a laugh escaping my lips.

"Forever... Dawson it has been a week"

He laughs as he looks me in the eye. "I know. A week felt like forever though after seeing you nearly everyday. It was boring without you, I missed your cheeky sense of humour".

My lips curve up into a smile as a blush finds it's way to my cheeks. His thumb gently rubbing circles against my leg until I place my hand on top of his.

We don't say anything, the two of us looking out over the sides at the flashing lights down and people down below.

When we were nearing the top the ride halted to a stop to board other passengers onto the carts.

When I turn and look back at Dawson he had a cheeky grin on his face as he started to rock the cart causing a shriek to escape my lips.

"Dawson stop!" I exclaim grasping onto the bar for dead life, my knuckles turning white from how tightly I was clenching the metal.

He lets out a booming laugh before he stops pumping his legs causing the cart to slowly stop rocking.

"This reminds me of high school. Garrett and I always use to rock the carts, it would drive Trace crazy. The poor guy is scared of heights".