TIDE | 04

C H A P T E R   F O U Rpersistence is key

C H A P T E R F O U R
persistence is key

set:
a group of large similar waves- usually good waves that are approaching the lineup.

It was four thirty in the afternoon when I finally gathered enough courage to text Dawson. Even though I have talked to him a couple of times here and there around the restaurant, I still got that anxious feeling when I was awaiting an answer to the text.

After I gathered my things and left the diner, I stopped at the local supermarket to grab some groceries for my mother before making my way back towards our beachside house. It was when I was in the super market looking for my wallet when I came across the little piece of paper that had his number written on it from that very first day I met him. I assume that when I was transferring all of my tips over from my belt, the slip of paper just have got caught in between two bills and ended inside my wallet.

The text that I had sent was simple. I was just a quick message apologizing for how I ran off so suddenly and letting him know that I was alright and that it is unnecessary to come in to the diner tomorrow. But from as far as I can tell, he will show up anyways.

It's not like I wanted to text him but I was embarrassed for running off. Not many people get what I've gone through and to him I probably appeared as though I was someone who was crazy and emotionally unstable.

Less then five minutes later I had received a text message.

I see that you had kept my number that I had left for you ;) I'm glad that you are alright I was worried about you after you ran off like that. -D

And this is the exact reason why I hadn't texted you. -A

Ouch. I'm offended. -D

That's okay :) I hope your ego didn't take to hard of a hit. -A

Don't worry love, it's still very much in tact ;) thanks for the concern though, it's cute. -D

Oh how wonderful! -A

I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow at the diner? -D

Yup i'll be there! Hopefully you won't be however, i've seen enough of you at my workplace for a while. -A

I sat there laughing at the phone screen in front of me. Little did Dawson know, I booked off work for tomorrow so that I can go wandering aimlessly around the city. Hopefully, he won't refuse to leave like last time.

It was mid afternoon when I met up with Miranda at the local outdoor mall. My mother had left for work earlier this morning but she had left some money on the countertop for me saying to go out and enjoy myself.