Chapter 23

Hello lovely peeps happy reading and a wonderful New year. Hopefully 2021 brings about good fortune for all of us and an end to this pandemic.

______________________________________

THE WEDDING DAY

I woke up nervous in the morning, today is the day I become a wife to the man who enslaved me. Matilda tried to get me to eat something saying it will give me strength for the day ahead but my stomach is in knots.

Yulia and Nicole managed to get me a dress which I actually liked and hired a professional make-up artist.

The wedding is going to take place this afternoon and the staff is busy with the last minute preparations at the venue. We will go to the church to get married then we will have the reception at one of his 5 star hotels. I didn't even know he had them, he must be really wealthy.

Yulia is my maid of honour and Nicole is my bridesmaid with Ivan being Nikolai's best man and Gerald his groomsman. Currently us girls,we were waiting for the limo that will take us to church the men had already left a long time ago.

I was sitting still as I didn't want to pace because of how nervous I am, I am even nauseous. Nicole must have noticed that I wasn't feeling so well because she went to the kitchen and came back with ginger biscuits and green tea for me.

"You need to eat something sweety you look sick and you should be glowing it's your big day" she said

I glared at her and she smiled innocently at me.

"What Nicole is trying to say is you look stunning and you are going to knock my brother off his socks. But you need something in your system to last the entire day. It's going to be a long one for you and you need all your energy." Yulia said

"Yeah what she said." Nicole added

"Fine" I said and took a bite at the biscuit.

It was time to go and as we headed downstairs out the door to the waiting limousine I felt my stomach drop, something is definitely not right I can feel it, I don't like this feeling at all. The ride to the church was not silent at all the girls kept yapping and I kept smiling and nodding as if I am interested about honeymoon options all the while I wished for a moment of silence to gather my thoughts. That was not possible of course with the chatter boxes I have for friends. At one point I even thought maybe they can see that I am nervous and were trying to occupy my mind with something else other than my inner turmoil.

The ride felt long and short all at once. We arrived at the church and we were escorted to a room upstairs by the wedding coordinator hired by Yulia. Once there Matilda came bustling in with excitement.

"Oh darling girl you look so beautiful. And Nikolai looks dapper as ever." She said and we laughed at her choice of word.

"Thank you Matilda for everything, in fact thank you all of you, without you this day would be gloomy." I said with teary eyes.

"You will make us cry, come group hug." Nicole said and we hugged each other.

"Dear I know this will be bittersweet for you, but Dimitri offered to walk you down the aisle if you want?" Matilda asked.

I was surprised at that. "I thought he didn't like me?" I ask with a raised brow.

They all smile at me with looks that say I am missing the obvious.

"Dimitri likes and protects anyone that is important to the Capo" Nicole says.

"Which is a fact you seem to be oblivious to or at least maybe pretend to?" Yulia says as if challenging me to deny it.