Chapter 18

Happy reading peeps!!!

______________________________________

I have been falling in and out of consciousness, I am still hanging from the chains and my arms are about to fall off anytime. I don't know what day it is or what time of day it is. I wake up hungry, lose consciousness, wake up cold, lose consciousness and wake up sweating profusely and the circle continues like that. I have already peed on myself a numerous times.

Maybe Nikolai's plan is to starve me to death or maybe he has forgotten I am even here.

**************

I wake up to voices in the room but I am too tired and scared to open my eyes, so I keep them shut

"I think she has had enough, unless your intention is to kill her"

"No, she still needs to learn not to cross me"

"Dude it's been a week, without food or water, suspended from the wall like that and on top of that you refuse for Dr Martin to tend to her wounds."

Oh it's Ivan and Nikolai. My heart breaks what torture is he going to subject me to now. I start to sweat from fear and dread. Oh no no no

"She still has a pulse. Nikolai tells Ivan. So she still can take it"

"Her pulse is barely there and she is not like us, mafia people." Ivan reasons

"Well she should not have ran away then, if she can't take the punishment, then she must not defy me again." Nikolai retorts.

"Can you at least give her food and water" Ivan asks.

"I will think about it" replies Nikolai

"But she wi..........." Ivan is cut by Nikolai before he can finish what he was going to say.

"Get out Ivan before I turn my wrath to you and your girlfriend, because I know she's the one who sent you."

"You wouldn't dare touch her, unless you want a bullet between your eyes from me. And yes she did send me because for some weird reason she believes you listen to me.

Ivan scoffs after saying that.

And I happen to agree with her that Lelo has had enough. She won't run again."

"Just get out and let me handle this my way, unless your in charge now.

Ivan says nothing to that.

"I thought so. Now leave, I won't ask you again."

I hear the door being opened then closed. I guess he is going to kill me now.

"I know your awake sunshine, now what fun are we going to have today, I have missed hearing you scream." Nikolai's voice is low when he says this but I can hear the evil in his tone.

I whimper at his words, I can't take no more, can't he just shoots me and end my pain.

"My men think I have gone soft because of you, that somehow you affect me a certain way. Well I guess I will have to show them how wrong they are.

Open your eyes sunshine, I want to see your fear. I can already smell it."

I don't make a move, I am beat tired after all.

"Aaaaaaaah" I scream from the sudden belt whip I just received. My scream sounds so raspy because my throat is as dry as the Kalahari desert.

"You never learn, do you? Or maybe your a masochist huh?" All the while he asks his questions he is whipping me mercilessly.

I am weaving and my voice is gone, no sound is coming out, the only way you can tell I am in excruciating pain is my thrashing body against the force of the whips. He beats me and reopens the wounds that were healing and cut open new ones, the underwear I was wearing is ripped open from my right leg and is hanging lowly on my left leg, exposing me.

He comes around and grips me by my chin to lift my head that is hanging on my left shoulder. Forcing me to look at him, my eyes are heavy, his going to need a crowbar to pry them open. He slaps me a few times on my face trying to wake me up. I squint them open but close them quickly again.

I wake up to a slightly chilly room but it smells fresh, not like the basement. What is that beeping sound. When I move my head to investigate I groan in pain from the splitting headache. That is when I realise I am laying down on a bed. I turn my head to the side again and I see the ventilator machine and the heart monitor. I roam my eyes to the whole room and I see I am in some make shift hospital.

I try to lift my hand but it won't move, I am not in pain as such but my limbs are heavy. The door opens and Yulia and Ivan walk in.

"Thank goodness your awake." Yulia says as she rushes inside and hug me.

I smile at her because that's all I can do for now.

" How are you feeling?" Ivan asks. I try to answer but I can't because my throat is dry.

When he notices my struggle he tells me and Yulia that he is going to get me water. When he reaches the door, Yulia asks him to..

"Tell the cook to make soup for Lelo." Ivan nods and exit the room.

"I am mad at you for running and not talking to me about it. I look at her with the are-you-serious look. I would have talked to Nikolai.

She continues when I just look at her.
"I know he has a soft spot for you he.... I scoffs and roll my eyes at that. She ignores me. I know it doesn't look like it at the moment, but I know my brother."

Ivan returns with a glass of water and a straw. Thank heavens.

He leans in so he can help me drink. The water is heavenly, is gold, is the cure for cancer, is life. I drink half the glass before Ivan takes it away.

"Thank you" I whisper

"Where is the food?" Yulia asks her boyfriend.

"They will bring it as soon as it's ready." He replies.

"You must be hungry?" She asks me.

"Yes I am famished."

The door opens and I stop breathing, I hope its not Nikolai. Phew it's not him.

It's Matilda and she has a tray with food, they all notice my relief but say nothing. I am too weak to feed myself so Yulia feeds me.

When I am full and have some energy back. I ask

"What happened, I mean how did I end up in this room?"

They share glances at each other

It's Ivan who answers "You stopped breathing for a second or two, then Nikolai freed you from the chains and gave you mouth to mouth. He smiles when he says that. And then you regain your consciousness but barely.

So he called Dr Martin and your here now."

"Oh okay." Is all I manage to say even though I have a million questions to ask. Like will he send me back to the basement? Will he continue to torture me? Where is he? What will happen now to me? And so forth.

I suddenly feel tired and my head throbs again.

"Get some rest dear we will check on you later again ok." Matilda assures me.

I nod my head and close my eyes as they leave the room and letting sleep be my escape in the meantime.