Chapter 16

Happy reading peeps xoxoxoxo

______________________________________

This bed feels amazing, the blanket is so warm mmmhmm. This is luxurious. Wait a minute this is not my bed. OMG! It all comes back to me , last night with Nikolai. I opened my eyes and slowly turned to my side. The bed was empty.

This is my opportunity to get out of here. My gosh how could I have fallen asleep. I reach my quarters and head to the shower. Once I am clean I wait about an hour before I go for breakfast since I am not allowed to have it with the rest.

I eat alone, should have known the love birds would sleep in, but I don't mind they deserve some quality time.

I on the other hand need to be scarce especially to Nikolai, I can't face him it would have been better if I woke up first. Why didn't he try to wake me up.
"Morning miss! Matilda told me to tell you that today you will be working with the other maids in the chefs kitchen cleaning the cutlery, glasses and plates."

"Hi" I say it back to Trevor. He is second in charge when Matilda is not here. "Where is Matilda by the way?" I ask.

"She is running some errands around town. If you are done with your breakfast you can follow me to the chefs kitchen." He immediately turns and leaves, I follow him.

The minute we step into the kitchen the room goes quiet.

"Ok in order to work faster and get things done in record time we need to work in pairs and divide the work." Trevor says with finality

Everyone is paired and I am happy it was not with the evil squad. I am with Nancy. Though she doesn't like me for whatever reason, she does not make snarks or rude remarks we work in peace, polishing the wine and champagne glasses.

"So how is it like to be the boss's new favourite, getting special treatment?" Minky's friend ask. I never got her name because she is always snickering behind Minky and not using her own brain.

"Stop Linda, you will make her cry." Another one of the girls says. And they all giggle.

"Ok on a serious note guys lets leave her alone, soon boss will be done with her and move on to the next. Or of course come back to me." This time it's Minky who speaks.

Wait a minute "done with her and move on to the next." I repeat her words to myself. And it suddenly makes sense, they think I am fucking the boss and are jealous, God he has fucked his staff. I am disgusted by that though and a little jealous mind you I don't know why.

"I am not sleeping with Nikolai." I reply

They all scoff

"I saw you leave the boss's bedroom this morning, and Drew once saw you leave his room that night of the sex party." I am thrown back because it's Nancy who is speaking now and Drew nods her head.

I never thought she was a gossiper, she certainly doesn't look it. Huh!
Its my turn to scoff now.

"That does not mean we had sex." I say with indignation on my voice, unbelievable. These girls are something else I tell you.

Minky ask in disbelief with her brows raised "What do you mean? You were there the whole night weren't you?"

"I was and it's none of your business but I am not shagging him."

They all go quiet again and we work in peace. But I see the glances Minky keeps giving me as if she can't figure something out.

************************************
18:00 p.m. two hours before the party