For Me

All character belong to our queen, Shannon Messenger, this is simply a fanfic, none of these characters are mine.

Sophie Foster lay in the Healing Center, dreaming. Drifting. What happened? A blue wisp of pure feeling  washed over her. It made her want to cuddle up and smile. The feeling was safe. Happy even. But she needed to remember something. Someone was hurt. Was it her? A vision- no, a memory- started playing.

Lady Gisela was so angry her plan hadn't worked, she immediately began to try to salvage the mission gone terribly wrong. It was absolutely awful, once Lady Gisela or, Mommy Dearest, as Keefe called her, had realized Keefe wasn't going to show up, she attacked. The battle was mostly a blur and Sophie knew that she had been in bad shape. Gisela had made a sort of promise to Tam, he could go home by the end of this battle. She was, of course, convinced he wouldn't want to leave but boy, was she wrong.

Tam had never wanted so badly just to be with his friends again, Sophie could tell. After the battle, Gisela made a weak attempt to get back to the Neverseen through Tam, she didn't like it when Tam refused her. This was where Glimmer came in, she was quite mysterious, no one knew who she was, no one really cared after she had saved Tam. Glimmer made the shackles of light that had once restrained Sophie's powerful friend. Once Gisela had broken her promise, she let Tam go, just like that! It was incredible to remember the moment that she had gotten Tam back but sadly, this also reminded her of where she was.

The team had barely escaped with enough energy for Sophie to teleport everyone outside the crowded Healing Center. Sophie herself had it the worst, she was completely battered from where Gisela had given it her all and then some. She knew she'd have scars and broken bones, she was more focused on waking up at the moment, though. Everyone else had mostly just gotten some minor wounds, nothing Elwin couldn't fix. The most important part was that Keefe had stayed home. Keefe was safe. She couldn't believe it.... maybe they were catching up to the Neverseen after all.

A familiar voice pulled Sophie back into the present. "Foster please," the voice begged and pleaded, "please wake up and be okay. For me?". Something ran through her at that phrase, she knew that phrase. It was the one she'd used Keefe to not go to Ravagog on his own with. Keefe was sending her those calming blue waves as he talked to her. She decided she wanted to wake up in that moment, she had to. She pulled herself upwards and braced for Elwin's bright orbs to be around her body.

"Sophie?! Sophie!" the life-saving physician had called to her, "Can you hear me Sophie?". She groaned to life as Keefe's familiar arms held her in a tight embrace. "Don't ever do that again Foster! You hear me? I thought I'd lose you, I- I can't lose you, Sophie!", she knew exactly who it was, yet she had to ask in a frail, hoarse voice, "Keefe?", she leaned over his head, which was still buried into her, hugging tightly. She began to cry seeing him like this, she hated to see him like this.

Elwin, of course, got to work ASAP, asking Sophie so many questions and giving her so many elixirs that she felt sick to her stomach. The only good thing was Keefe had stopped crying, Sophie really couldn't stand to watch him be upset. Elwin had made him get out and hadn't called anyone else in yet, he wanted to be absolutely sure that she was okay. She'd apparently been out for a week this time, it didn't help learning that Bullhorn, Elwin's banshee, had screamed his head off at the mere sight of Sophie.

Once Sophie could finally get visitors, the blond boy with his incredible ice blue eyes, plus her adoptive parents, Grady and Edaline, rushed in. There was a lot of fuss over her, she didn't even fight it this time, feeling lucky to even be alive at the moment. By the time the sky was full of stars she was already back to her bed in Havenfield. She figured that because of her exhausted state she'd have no trouble with sleep, right? Wrong. She hissed at herself to keep it down. For whatever reason, her mind was fixated on the times she 'd shared with the gorgeous boy, fixated on his ice blue eyes and perfect hair. Something changed about her feelings. They seemed... Different. Almost more clear. She stopped focusing so much on the color of Fitz's eyes, more on the way Keefe's hair glowed in the sunlight and made it look almost gold. More on the way Keefe's small, gentle, real smiles seemed to be reserved for her. Oh crap. She liked Keefe.

Author's note: Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals! This is my first story, let me know if you think it's any good so far and if you want to see more from me. I know that barely any people will read this but it's too fun to not want to, maybe someday, someone will discover this, I sure hope so!