Two Truths and a Lie

Oh my gosh, did that just happen?!? Sophie thought to herself as she prepared for what might be a very awkward sleepover. Her and Fitz were still very good friends, but they still had dated a little while ago. She shook these thoughts off, she could deal with them later.

Edaline walked in with just about the goofiest grin Sophie had ever seen. "Sooo........ I heard from Biana that you suddenly got up and went to the Shores of Solace.... anything interesting happen while you were there?". Ugh.

Parents.

"Well, actually-", Sophie was suddenly cut off by her mom's squealing. Grady, however had a murderous glare. "I swear, if That Boy- OW!", he was suddenly cut off by Edaline elbowing him in the ribs. "What your insanely overprotective father meant to say is, did anything happen?", Edaline was basically vibrating with glee at this point.

"If you must know..... Well, Keefe and I are going to be telling everyone something you might've already guessed a few years ago by now," Sophie told her parents, less than excited at the fact that they could read her far better than she could read herself.

The first people to arrive were the Vacker siblings and Keefe at the same time. Fitz went to help Grady, who had been grabbing extra blankets and sleeping bags, and Biana went to help Edaline get the rest of the snacks and dinner ready. Keefe, of course, took this as a chance to pull Sophie aside to another room for a moment. "Alright Foster, no need for all that suffocating worry you're hitting me with, it'll all be okay, I swear," Keefe told her confidently. He reached up and pulled her into a surprisingly sweet and gentle kiss. "Alright, let's go tell our closest friends that we're dating," Keefe dragged Sophie out of the room to greet the rest of the guests.

"What are we doing first?!?", Biana squeaked, obviously having something in mind. "How about two truths and a lie?", Fitz said as he glanced at Sophie, with a look she didn't recognize, maybe worry? She was worse at recognizing emotions than Keef, for obvious reasons. Sophie noticed that after he said that, Keefe scooted a bit closer to Sophie. "Fine by me," Marella confirmed, nodding along. Since everyone else was basically fine with it, they were doing two truths and a lie. They decided to go in a circle, Fitz starting since it was his idea. The turns were: Fitz, Biana, Tam, Linh, Dex, Marella, Sophie, then Keefe last.

"Alright... uhm- my favorite color is white, Biana annoys the crap out of me, and... I like someone" Fitz immediately covered his face in embarrassment, obviously blushing. Sophie decided to give him one by transmitting.

Fitz, it's not me anymore is it? -S

Oh! No don't worry Sophie, I uh- I realized after we broke up something that I should tell all of you guys later -F

Oh, sounds good, do you want me to tell the other? -S

Oh no, I've got it! Thank you though Sophie, I mean it -F

Sophie nodded and cut off his transmission, realizing everyone was staring at them, including Keefe.

"What's all the Fitzphie staring about?" Keefe asked, Sophie could tell he was trying to keep the hurt out of his tone. "I uh- I have something to tell all you guys and Sophie was just asking about it," Fitz to explain vaguely. "What is it Fitz?" Biana asked, her perfect brows knitted together with worry. "Well I-", Fitz began, being cut off by Grady shouting, "DINNER TIME KIDDOS!".

Hey everyone, friendly reminder, none of these characters are mine, all of them belong to Shannon Messenger, also, how'd you like the chapter? Who should I pair everyone with? And what do you think Fitz has to say? Thanks for reading, y'all!