The Plan

Keefe:

Foster immediately cupped her hand over her pale face and sobbed. Bronte died. Last night had been goodbye. "I should've known something was wrong! I did know something was wrong!", Sophie shouted, her beautiful voice cracking, her voice got softer than ever as she said, "I'd like to sleep on the balcony tonight, feel free to sleep in the lounge, I don't need a bunch of comfort, I just... I need rest."

It had been 3 days since Bronte's planting and she hadn't slept once.

"Foster," Keefe whispered, rubbing soothing circles into the small blond's back, "sleep please, you haven't gotten rest since-", his voice hitched and he swallowed hard, "since Bronte's planting..." Sophie nodded and let Keefe lead her to bed, "Promise me. Promise me you won't leave me," she whispered, curling into him. "I promise, I'll be right here with you Foster, always," Keefe promised, fully intending to never break it. She'd been asleep for about twenty minutes when Fitz came knocking on the door, "Sophie, it's Fitz. We need to talk, please, you haven't spoken to me in two days!", Fitz pleaded. Keefe got up because he didn't want Sophie to wake up after only twenty minutes, he opened the door and scowled. "Keefe, why are you answering the door for Sophie? I need to talk to my Cognate, I haven't even spoken to her for two days!", Fitz exclaimed. "Look Fitz, I get you're Cognates, but I just got her to sleep for the first time in days. Sophie needs rest and I promised to be with her so please give her some more time," Keefe said, using her first name so Fitz would know he was being completely and fully serious, "I will let you know when she's ready to talk again, but right now, she's grieving and we need to give her the time she requires to heal herself." Fitz nodded, "You're right, of course, sorry. I'll be back to see her later," and walked off, looking dazed and Keefe knew he was just as torn up as Sophie.

It had been another month since that day. Foster had slowly started to open herself back up to the rest of the group, but they all decided to help the gnomes convert the treehouse once again. Now they had their individual rooms, but with roommates since no one would want to sleep alone. The rooms were split as follows:

Sophie and Keefe
Wylie and Tam
Dex and Fitz
Marella and Linh
Biana and Maruca

Once they finished the actual construction (which the gnomes assured them wasn't an issue, they'd be fully able to refuse if they minded), they took it upon themselves to do all the decorations, including the paint jobs. Description for each room:

(I know I change their rooms up a lot :P, they all still share bathrooms/closets)

Sophie and Keefe's room: three walls were painted a light green with a single grey/brown wall as an accent wall. Sophie had countless small trinkets on her desk for work, Keefe had littered the entire room with art, making it feel more like home for the two of them, they had a large queen sized bed, with ice blue and gold bedding. Vertina had been moved to their room.

Wylie and Tam's: two pale, yellow walls on Wylie's side, two black for Tam's side. Wylie's desk area was quite bare, other than gadgets and useful stuff from Dex, he didn't really enjoy decorating. Tam's side mainly consisted of just darkness and shadows, his desk bare apart from Shade excersize books Lady Zillah wouldn't let him leave Foxfire without. They both had extra long twin beds on their opposite sides of the room.

Dex and Fitzy's: Dex's walls were grey, painted with a large, dark cog by Keefe. He had gadget supplies and elixer making supplies everywhere. Fitz's walls were painted a dark teal, a small dragon in the corner to represent Mr. Snuggles, his desk area had a lot of hair gel and Cognate books.

Marella and Linh's: classic fire and water theme, red/orange walls for Marella, dark blue to light blue gradient for Linh. Their bed sheets were light and silky with dark red and blue trim.

Biana and Maruca's: two purple walls, one pink, and one teal. Biana's desk was covered in makeup, but she had much more jewelry and perfume added in, she also had small gadgets from Dex. Maruca had makeup everywhere on her vanity and desk, she also had a lot of small trinkets that she'd been given by her friends. They also had separate twin beds on opposite sides of their room.

They also redecorated the lounge, making it more mellow and chill. The beanbags were still there, along with the fireplace feature, and they, aka Dex, had built a projector into the room and returned Amy's. Sophie would occasionally ask them to pick out a new movie from her laptop, (which Dex made obviously, he was also in the process in making more for everyone) and she'd teleport to go rent a copy.

Sophie:

"Keefe," Sophie said the day before their anniversary, as she played with his blonde hair in her lap. "Mm?", Keefe hummed, questioningly. "What should we do tomorrow?", Sophie asked her boyfriend. "Well, we should do something meaningful to us, and you know by now, it doesn't matter as long as I'm with you Foster, which I always will be," Keefe told her confidently. "Hmm, well okay, I have just the plan on mind, but go hang out with the others for a bit, I have schem- ahem, planning, to do," Sophie said unconvincingly. He groaned and got up to go see the others in the lounge while Sophie pulled out her Imparter, dreading the conversation she was about to have.

"Hello?", Cassius's snooty voice asked as his face appeared across the screen, "to what do I owe this immense honor, Miss Foster?", he asked as he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I'm gonna need to steal your house tomorrow," Sophie said, not scared of the awful man she was speaking to in the least. "M-my house? Miss Foster, must we call Elwin?", Cassius sighed. "No, tomorrow is the two year anniversary of Keefe and I getting together and I'm taking him on a trip down memory lane, so, I'm gonna need you to evacuate to Atlantis, cool? Cool," Sophie told him, not even asking for permission and leaving no room for arguments. "Fiiiine, I suppose that'll be fine," Cassius drawled, obviously annoyed. Not that he'd ever do anything to Sophie, she was far too important. She hung up without another word and hailed Magnate Leto. "Hello Miss Foster, how are you today?", the slick-haired principal said as he popped into view. "I need access to Foxfire tomorrow, is that okay?", Sophie asked, hoping her plan would work. "I don't see why not, it's a weekend after all," he shrugged. Yesssss. Her plan was really, genuinely working! Now she'd just have to actually put it into action!