Tis But A Flesh Wound

Natsuo waved goodbye to his friends and started the walk home. He'd just gotten off a twelve-hour shift, and he was looking forward to getting some greasy pizza for dinner and then getting some well-deserved sleep. Luck didn't seem to be on his side that night when he found a short, white-haired man sitting on the sidewalk, holding his arm.

Natsuo sighed, shook his head, and approached the man. He noticed that the man was awake, so he tried talking to him. Keyword "tried."

"Are you okay?"

"That's none of your business," the man deadpanned.

"Well, you seem to be hurt, so it is my business," Natsuo responded, feeling the oncoming headache. He crouched down beside the man and opened up his first-aide kit.

"Are you a doctor or something?"

"A nursing student, actually. So, did you get shot, stabbed, or did you fall and break it?"

"I got shot! Now can you put some gauze or something on me so that we can go our separate ways? I don't want to be here any longer than you do."

Natsuo sighed and glared at the man. 'Who does he think he is,' he thought as he took out some gauze, tweezers, and a medical knife. "Can you at least tell me your name, and can you take your hand off your arm?"

"Why does that matter? Why don't you tell me yours first?" The man asked, refusing to take his hand off his arm.

Natsuo could feel his blood boiling. He pressed his free hand to his forehead, counted to ten, and spoke as nonchalantly as he could. "I need to know what name to put into medical forms. Now, what is your name."

"Are you taking me to the hospital?"

"Why are you so keen on avoiding the question," Natsuo tried to say as steadily as he could. "Yes, we are going to the hospital. Now, I need your name."

"....Tomura Shigaraki. Now, what's your name?"

"Natsuo."

"What's your last name?"

Natsuo thought for a moment and realized it wasn't worth the effort. He wouldn't see this guy ever again, so what was the point?

"It's just Natsuo. I gave up my last name long ago."

The man- Shigaraki, had the audacity to laugh. At least he bothered to lift his hand off his arm. "Wow, edgy much?"

"Shut up. I don't want to talk about it." Natsuo got to work. He warned Shigaraki that it would hurt, and to his surprise, the guy only winced in pain. As he took out the bullet, which Natsuo thanked wasn't too deep in his arm, he wondered about where he heard the name "Shigaraki." He cleaned up the wound, wrapped gauze around his arm, and told Shigaraki he would get better care at the hospital.

"I'm not stupid. I know I can get better care at a hospital, I just can't, and I won't. I don't want to go to a hospital."

"Well, you're really stupid right now for not going to a hospital. Why won't you go?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes, actually," Natsuo wondered why this guy was being so difficult.

"Haven't you been keeping up with the news?"

"I regularly work twelve and fourteen-hour shifts. I don't exactly have the time to watch the news every day." Natsuo deadpanned.

"Have you heard about Kamino Ward or the USJ Attack?" Shigaraki sighed.

"Yeah, I have. It was a pain trying to get all the patients the help they need. The hospitals were flooded, and I can't believe how much damage there was. Wait, what do those attacks have to do with anything?"