Confessions and Dates

TW- Drunkenness and Alcohol (champagne specifically)

This chapter gets a little spicy but nothing happens. Also, this chapter accidentally became this 2,700 word monstrosity instead of the 1,000-ish words that I planned. Sorry!

------------------------------------------------------------

"I love you, too."

Natsuo sighed in contentment, the memory bringing a smile to his face. He fixed what he'd broken; he may have done something illegal to get to the point of forgiveness, but it was worth it to have Tomura by his side.

He opened his eyes and saw Tomura looking at him.

"Hey, Natsuo, I'm going to make breakfast."

"Would you like any help?

"I've got it. I confessed, so I'm making breakfast. You can buy me dinner later, though. Just get dressed and set the table," Tomura smiled at him and went to go make breakfast.

As soon as Tomura left, Natsuo got dressed in more casual clothing, a t-shirt, and sweatpants. He went into the kitchen and was hit in the face with the aroma of chocolate chip pancakes.

"Those pancakes smell really awesome. Are you using your own recipe or the box version?" Natsuo asked as he set the table and filled both of their glasses with orange juice.

"It's actually my grandma's. As much as I hate her, I have to admit her pancakes are pretty awesome. I don't really get to make them much nowadays, but whenever I get the chance, I get memories of when my mom used to make them whenever dad was away."

"That's really sweet."

"Ugh, you're getting the box kind from now on." Tomura turned around and put the pancakes on both of their plates.

"Wait! I take it back?" Natsuo arched an eyebrow in confusion and sat down.

"You're good. I'll make these pancakes for anyone. Though, when it comes to the MLA, I just tell them they're expensive boxed pancakes that I bought with Re Destro's money. The looks on their faces are hilarious." Tomura tossed his head back in laughter as he sat down and began eating his pancakes.

"Maybe you could record it next time? Do you tell them they're different pancakes each time?"

"Of course, I'll record it. Who am I to deny them the chance of being laughed at. Anyway, I tell them it's different each time and use different toppings. I think I'll use peanut butter next time I make them pancakes, and this time it will be the expensive kind."

Natsuo took a bite of his pancakes, rolled his eyes, and snorted, "you're so mean, sometimes."

"Sometimes?" Tomura arched an eyebrow.

"Okay, you're mean half of the time and sweet half of the time. Though I can't say how mean you are when you're at the MLA, I'd bet you're mean thirty percent of the time and sweet seventy percent of the time over there.

"Nah, it's the reverse. I'm kind to my family thirty percent of the time, but I mercilessly bully the MLA the rest of the time."

"Yeah, that sounds about right, vaguely knowing how the MLA is. Anyway, what's your grandma's recipe, and can I give it to Fuyumi?"

"No, you cannot. It's a well-guarded family secret that I only found out by accident on her official website that got closed down five years ago." Tomura put his plate and glass into the sink for Natsuo to wash.

"Alright, that's fine. I guess the recipe lives and dies with you then," Natsuo put his plate in the sink and started washing the dishes.

"I mean, it won't so long as I get a boyfriend who wants kids or has siblings who want kids. That actually brings me to what we need to talk about today."