Chapter 26 - Show Yourself

Bursting through the front door, Emma and Hugo skid their shoes on the sidewalk as the tried to make a fast hard turn. Sprinting along the sidewalk and dodging people they passed by, Emma and Hugo had no idea where they were going. 

"Where are they!?" Emma called back to her brother. 

"I dont know!" He replied. They kept on running as Hugo dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He slowed his pace until he stopped, opening up the news app. Emma checked over her shoulder again to see if her brother was still on her tail, but slowed when she saw him standing with his phone in his hand. She jogged back over to him. Once she reached him, the girl peered over his shoulder at his phone at the news app he had open. "They were last seen going into the the observatory of the old Agreste mansion." Hugo rushedthe words looking for the fastest root to take to their father's childhood home.

"Let's go!" Emma demanded as she took off running again. Hugo wasnt sure it was the right direction, but it was better than standing there. Pulling up a map, Hugo began to call out directions to his sister up ahead. She took them and before long the two skid to a halt in front of the mansion gates. Stuffing his phone back in his pocket the siblings gave each other a look. It was clear there was no way through the gate, so instead the two opted to climb the closest tree and jump over the wall. Surprisingly, it worked. Landing one after the other in their own heroic positions, Emma and Hugo had penetrated the barrier. With confidence, the siblings strolled up to the mansion doors. They were massive, but yet, Emma was somehow able to slam them open. The only logical explanation being that someone had forgotten to lock them. Stepping into the entry way, where the party had been, Emma recalled seeing her parents make a dash for the side room. That being said, it made sense to start there. Hugo followed his sister to the side room and together the entered cautiously. The door was left open, so it was east to slip past into the old room. Seeing the portrait of their grandmother, the kids were thrown for a loop. No one in there family had been here in years, so why were remnants of their family here? Something in them brought them to the portrait of their ancestor. Searching around the frame, they found nothing, but since Hugo hadnt had his growth spurt just yet, his short height gave him a prime angle to notice an odd crack in some of the shapes on the painting. Pushing the crack, he realized they were buttons. Pushing in all three that he noticed, a circle in the floor opened up beneath them. Together they rode the elevator down and then up.  Their minds racing. They were close and they could feel it. A new flame of confidence was burning in the two young Agrestes. It was a short ride to the top and what they saw astounded them. Chat Noir was on his stomach, pinned to the floor under Monarchtress' foot and Ladybug was stuck in a choke hold. After the glass of the elevator dispersed, Emma and Hugo took on a firm stance to hold their ground. Upon seeing their children, Chat Noir and Ladybug made a new split second decision. Removing the miraculous, they were detransformed, revealing Adrien and Marinette. With a quick toss, the earrings of the ladybug and the ring of the black cat were thrown across the room towards the teenagers. Suddenly, realizing that they were being intrusted with their powers again, Emma and Hugo caught the miraculous'. While the kids were putting on their respective jewels, Monarchtress became distracted with the sudden change of holders. Using this to their advantage, Marinette pulled hard on the villans arm around her neck to the right, releasing Adrien just enough that he could flip over and knock Monarchtress' legs out from under her as his wife ducked her head down and pryed her head out from her arms. Through muscle memory, the kids went through their transformation sequences. Adrien got to his feet his wife standing just across from him.  At least they were out of that sticky situation. Before he could defend himself, Monarchtress kicked Adrien in the gut, causing him to keel over. That wasnt the end, when Monarchtress nailed him again, with enough force to send him across the room.  Marinette immediately jumped in, pinning Monarchtress down, but the woman knocked her off. Mari slide along the floor gracefully, then pounced again, but as she came in contact with Monarchtress, it was a hand to hand  pushing against each other, until Monarchtress, also kicked Marinette in her stomach as well. Under the force, Marinette was shot back and slammed into Adrien just as he was just sitting up. She hit him square on,  allowing her husband to catch her with one arm. Together they rolled over from the impact. Sitting up, Mari rested her arm upon Adrien's chest, as he turned his head back over his shoulder. There stood Little Bug and Lady Chat. With a second chance given to her, Lady Chat had taken the opportunity to upgrade the look of her suit. They were minor changes, but changes nonetheless. She now had armor pads on her shoulders, a black mask, a high higher neckline, and the end of her boots now had the paw design her father had before her.  Striking heroic poses, Lady Chat and Little Bug  prepared to battle Monarchtress with everything they had. It was time to show what the Agreste siblings were made of.