Chapter 3 - Problem and Solution

Marinette climbed into bed that evening with a heavy heart. Adrien noticed her expression and set down his book and reading glasses on his bedside table. Marinette tucked her waist under the covers and was about to turn of her lamp when Adrien spoke.

" Hey, you okay?" He asked turning towards her.

"Fine." Marinette answered she too turned in to face him. 

"After almost twenty years of marriage, I think I can recognize your face when your troubled Bugaboo." The man explained as he leaned over to kiss his wife's forehead comfortingly.

"How was your patrol?" Marinette asked continuing to change the subject. She wasn't sure if she was ready to tell Adrien what was bothering her. It still felt kind of silly to her, if she ignored how much it made her heart ache.

"There was nothing out of the ordinary. Now please stop changing the subject. I know what your doing." Adrien answered firmly. It wasn't fair that she was lying to him. He had been lied to enough throughout his life. Marinette sighed.

"I've just been thinking is all. We're not getting any younger, and though I love our evening escapades and akuma fights together, I feel as though we should start thinking about passing our miraculous onyo the next generation." Adrien listened to her words carefully. She could tell that he understood her words as he dropped his eyes somewhat sadly.

"I know, I don't  want to either. I just hate leaving the kids alone. I get worried." Marinette went on.

"They'e sixteen to thirteen. They're alright. I understand though. I get worried about them too." The room was filled with a sad atmosphere as realization was sinking in for the couple.

"The hardest part will be dealing with the fact that Plagg and Tiki will no longer be in our home." Marinette confessed as she looked to the end of the bed to avoid her husband's heavy green eyes. They're was a bitter silence between them.

"We got kids." Adrien shrugged with a soft suggesting tone. Marinette shot a look at him in surprise.

"The kids!? Adrien, I'm trying to keep them out of danger! Not through them into it!" Marinette freaked.

"I know. Just hear me out. Emma and Hugo are both around the age when we first received the miraculous. Are they not?" Adrien began.

"Yes, but...." Marinette I interrupted trying to find a way past the suggestion.

"Not to mention, they are both a lot like us." Adrien continued trying to convince his wife.  Marinette tried to get a word in, but Adrien wouldn't let her. He continued.

"I think this will be good for them. Emma needs a chance to just escape from her daily hassle. You saw how she was this morning. She just needs some space to let loose. She could easily become the new Chat Noir. " 

"And Hugo?" Marinette added, curious to see how her husband was seeing things.

"Hugo is a lot like you. He isn't confident in his shell. I worry about him sometimes while he's at school. I know he doesn't tell us, but I have a feeling he's being bullied at school. Giving him the opportunity to be the new Ladybug will give him a better chance to build up the ability to be more bold and courageous. Much like it has done for you." Adrien explained with enthusiasm. Tiki and Plagg lay on the bed near the couple, listening to the conversation intently. 

"I feel that it will also give us a better chance to mentor our kids. It will give us something to teach them. The added bonus being the Tiki and Plagg would still be around, whether we get to see them or not." Adrien added. Marinette thought carefully through all of Adrien's points. Mrs. Agreste still didn't know how she felt about any of it and it was evident on her face.

"Let's not worry about this too much anymore tonight. We can continue ue this conversation later. We should get some sleep." Adrien suggested. Marinette laid down and rolled over in the bed. Her dark blue hair splaying out across the pillow. Adrien scooted in behind her and wrapped his arm around her tenderly. Tiki and Plagg tucked in nearby. The day had been stressful, and they were all ready for a good night's sleep.