Chapter 1 - The Agreste Family

Adrien stood in the doorway of the nursery watching his wife as she rocked back an forth with their newborn baby.  He couldn't believe how lucky he was to have the family he did. Marinette was amazing and he loved her dearly. After their identities had accidentally been revealed the two had immediately hit it off.  Marinette rocked slowly in a small dark wood rocking chair, the same one that had taken him ages to put together. The pink velvet pillow she sat on, finished it off beautifully. The young man didn't want to interrupt the wonderful scene he was witnessing, but knew he'd have to.

"You ready to trade?" Adrien's voice broke through the silence, startling Marinette. 

"Do I have to?" Marinette whined, cradling the baby within her arms. Adrien strode over to his wife and bent over slightly to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm afraid so Bugaboo. It's your night to patrol." Adrien reminded her. Ever since Marinette became pregnant, it had been his job to patrol at night. Every akuma attack had been difficult without his lady. Luckily he had the support of the other Miraculous holders. All the akumas had been captured and locked in a jar until Ladybug would be back to deakumatize them. Which was still on Marinette's to do list. With a sigh, Marinette lifted the baby in her arms up to Adrien. Carefully, they made the trade. Once Marinette was out of the chair, Adrien sat down where she had previously been. 

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Marinette promised.

"The sooner you go, the sooner you'll return." Adrien pointed out, trying encourage Marinette. He could tell that his wife was trying to doddle and stay with the baby for as long as possible. It was either that or she was nervous about going out as Ladybug for the first time in eleven months. They had decided that the best time for Marinette to get back into the grove of being a super heroine was to start with night patrols, leaving Adrien with the parenting duties while she was away. 

"Marinette." He urged. "Go. We'll be fine." Marinette sighed again, she called on Tiki and transformed. Reluctantly, she placed a kiss on Adrien's forehead and gently rubbed the baby's cheek with her thumb. Adrien soaked up the tender moment, enjoying every second of it. Finally, Marinette slowly walked out of the room. Adrien turned his attention to the child in his arms as he listened to a window open and close as Marinette left their quiet home.

"Looks like it's just you and me now Emma." Adrien spoke. He could still remember the night Emma had become part of their family. The little one had been so stubborn that he and Marinette had been dismissed from the hospital twice. The wait for their little girl had taken a toll on them. Adrien couldn't even imagine how much of a toll it had taken on Marinette, and to be honest he didn't even want to know. It would have made him feel even worse for Marinette. It was hard to see his loved ones in pain. Emma's delivery was no exception. Adrien studied his daughter once more. Emma was small and fragile, he was afraid to move when he held her, one false move and he could break her. He sat their silently with the baby, rocking in the chair, just as Marinette had before. Mr. Agreste was so focused in the moment, that he hadn't notice Plagg fly in.

"She's bald!" The black cat exclaimed. Adrien almost jumped. Luckily, he was pretty used to surprises now. 

"She's not bald Plagg; her hair is just such a light color that you can't see it." Adrien clarified as he slid his hand gently over the infant's smooth head. Emma was only two months old and somehow Adrien could tell that she was going to be a lot like him, with a feminine touch of course. The man still couldn't believe that he was a father or that the small thing in his arms was his. After about an hour, Marinette returned home. Adrien and Emma were still where she left them. Her heart warmed at the sight of them. She happily made her way over and kneeled on the ground to the right of the chair and gazed over at the sleeping baby. Adrien had not noticed her arrival, as he was mesmerised by the sight of his little lady. Eventually, he turned his head to see Marinette. She simply smiled at him, a tender look of joy on her face. Adrien slowly leaned toward her, as to not wake the baby, and kissed her. She wasn't at all surprised by her husband's affections and sweetly kissed him in return. Their kiss was brief and in no time their attention branched from each other back to the baby. As they watched Emma, Plagg and Tiki flew above their heads as to stay out of the way. Adrien couldnt have been happier to be sitting there with his two girls and the kwamis. Long before this moment, he had promised himself that he would never be the father or the husband his own father had been, and he had every intention of following through. The Agrestes sat quietly soaking up every second. The night went by peacefully and they sure were thankful. Of course, the future would hold so much more than this, but for now they were going to cherish this time.