Chapter 9 - Day 1 With A Kwami

Emma was walking to class, her bag hanging off her shoulder. It was going to be difficult to focus on Algebra when her mind was racing from the events of last night. Plagg was having a hard time adjusting to sleeping in her room. So much so, that she hardly got a  wink either. Tonight she was definetly going to come up with a way to help the little cat. Emma pulled her jacket open and peered into the inside pocket. Plagg was fast asleep. She watched him, as he curled his body in tighter. She wasn't at all surprised that he could sleep in the pocket, after all he had spent much of his time there while her father was in school. It was weird for Emma though. She was conscious of the little creature, she didn't want to squish him or wake him up. To be fair, they both just needed time to adjust TV to each other. Down the hall in the locker room,Tiki and Hugo were having their own issues. Hugo was sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest after another round of bullying in P.E.

"Why can't I just kick a ball like everyone else? I just had to miss. I'm such a failure Tiki." Hugo went on. 

"You know, you really are just like your mom." Tiki commented.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me." Hugo grumbled some more.

"At least you didn't trip over the ball. That's what Marinette would have done." Tiki giggled remembering. Hugo smiled only slightly. Then, out of the corner of his eye, Hugo spotted the boys.

"Tiki! Get down!" Hugo alerted the kwami. Quickly, Tiki ducked down in the pocket of Hugo's backpack. The boys stopped in front of Hugo, towering over him.

"Looks like our kicker made friends with his backpack. I'm sure your pencils would have even played better than you today." Elliot insulted as he and the other boys began to laugh. Hugo only looked away from them becoming more frustrated than he already was.

"I bet not even your mom could do better." Elliot did not just bring his mother into this did he!? Angry Hugo jumped to his feet.

"Uh oh boys. We made him mad." The blonde mocked.

"You did not just bring my mother into this! You don't even know her. She could kick your little butt." Hugo threatened through grit teeth. Hugo was invading Elliot's space, his finger almost comin ggv in contact with the Billy's nose.

"Oh please. Everyone knows of Marinette Agreste. Her designs have are close to making my grandmother's business go broke. Besides I'd like to think I know her, my mother went to school with her. Biggest klutz in the world I heard." Hugo couldn't take it anymore! This was his mother they were talking about. Luckily before either one if the boys could do anything they were interrupted.

"Elliot Bourgeois?" An older boy entered the locker room, a bright colored pass in his hands.

"What!?" Elliot asked harshly. The other boy stepped forward and handed Elliot the pass.

"Your mother is waiting for you downstairs. She's checking you out of school early today." Elliot took the pass and with one last glare at Hugo, made his exit. The other two boys followed him. After delivering the pass the older boy also went off on his way, leaving Hugo alone in the locker room. Cecily was waiting by the door outside for Hugo when Elliot and his companions marched by hardly giving her a glance.  Eventually. Hugo exited the locker room.

"Hey you okay?" Cecily could tell that her friend had an encounter with the other boys in the locker room and it definetly wasn't a good one. 

"Fine. At least I won't have to deal with him anymore today. Hugo growled as he adjust his bag on his shoulder and stormed off toward his next class. Cecily following right on his heels. The school day was flying by and soon the last class of the day would begin. Emma was descending the stairs when she felt Plagg stir in her pocket.

"I want cheese." Plagg whined popping his head out from behind the fabric.

"Plagg, we just ate." Emma reminded him as she skipped down a few stairs.

"But I'm hungry." The feline whimpered again. At the bottom of the stairs, Emma took a sharp left and sprinted across the court yard. She only had two more minutes to get across the school and sig down in her chair before the bell would ring. Reaching her classroom, Emma sat down in the first row. 

"Emma!" Plagg squeaked begging for cheese. With a sigh Emma reached into her bag and pulled out a small square of cheese leftover from her sandwich and dropped it in her pocket making sure nobody saw her.

"Now be quiet. Class is about to start." She warned him, though she knew he wasn't listening to her. Accepting defeat, Emma returned her focus to the class. Adrien was waiting at the front of the school for them when thd day ended. Hugk was ecstatic to be going home, he was ready to get away from the awful place. Giving Cecily a hug goodbye, he climbed into the backseat with Louis. Emma yawned as she sat down in the passenger seat. 

"Long day?" Adrien asked cheerful to see his kids again.

"You could say that." Emma managed to say before lahinv her head against the window. Adrien turned the ignition and soon the four of them were on their way home. Hugo stared oug his window watching the world go by while Louis zoned jn on the book he had been reading for the past week and a half. About half way on the ride home, Emma managed to fall asleep. There were going to be a lot of days like this in the future.