Chapter 6 - Lady Chat

Adrien placed his hand on Emma's door nob. It was time. Plagg emerged from inside Adrien's black jacket and looked over at his master of twenty plus years. There was sadness between them, as the end was closer than ever before. Taking a deep breath,  Adrien opened Emma's door and entered. Emma hadn't noticed her father as she danced around fully involved with the music she blasted through her headphones. Adrien smiled at his daughter, it made him happy knowing that she was happy.

"Oh dad. I didn't notice that you came in." Emma mentioned as she pulled her headphones down. Thd girl was a little embarrassed with herself, after all she didn't think of herself as a very good dancer.

"Can I talk to you for a second Emma? This is kind of important." Adrien sputtered rubbing the back of his neck. Unsure of how to explain the situation.

"Sure. What's up?" Emma picked on her father's emotions quickly. Setting her headphones aside on her bed she waited for him to continue.

"As you already know, I once was Chat Noir....." Adrien began. 

"What do you mean; 'once was'? You still are Chat." Emma pondered interrupting.

"If you would let me finish. I'm not as young as I used to be, and your mom and I have both decided that it was about time we pass on our roles to the next generation." Adrien continued. Emma began to wonder where he was going with this. Why would he be telling her this information? Emma watched as her father began to slowly pull his ring of his finger. The girl was internally shocked by the motion.  Adrien stepped closer to his daughter and reached for her hand and pulled it towards him. His fingers soft and gentle. Naturally Emma's hand unfolded before him. 

"Plagg will look to you now." Adrien informed her as he dropped the ring in her small hands. Plagg appeared from behind Adrien's jacket again and floated over to Emma. Plagg glanced one more time over to Adrien. With a shy smile, Adrien nodded toward the girl. Emma raised her eyes to Plagg and then back down at the little ring that laid in her hand. Was this really happening? Was her father really handing her the miraculous that he had used so many times to save Paris from her grandfather's numerous schemes?  Of all the people he could have chosen, he was picking her!? The very thing that had ultimately helped her parents realize they were meant for each other!? Her mind swirled with thoughts, unsure of how to even cope with them all. 

"You won't be on your own either. I'll still be around to help you learn the ropes." Her father said somewhat confidently, as he placed his hands on his hips. Emma jumped from her bed and hugged her father.

"Thann you daddy! I know this must be hard for you." Emma's voice was muffled as she pressed her cheek against him. Startled by what was happening, Adrien slowly wrapped his arms around his daughter. They shared the brief sweet moment, before Adrien let go and bent down before her.

"You take care of him now, you hear? He means a lot to me, and though he can be annoying at times, he'll eventually become just as important to you." Adrien parented sternly pointing to the little black cat floating above his little girl's shoulder.

"Make sure he gets his cheese." Adrien instructed with a double intention of tessing Plagg. The kwami simply huffed.

"I promise." Emma pledged as she slipped the ring onto her wedding finger. Pleased by her words he pulled his daughter in for another hug.

"I love you Emma." He whispered as he held her close.

"I love you too Dad." Emma replied. They broke their hug and Emma took a step back. Adrien stood up as she did so.

"Want to try him out?" Adrien asked with a slight bit of excitement in his voice. I couldn't wait to see his daughter in her own version of the very suit he had worn for decades.

"Wait! I NEED cheese!" Plagg complained.

"You just had some Plagg." Adrien reminded the tiny feline. Emma giggled at their interaction. She hoped that one day she too could have a relationship with the cat, similar to the one he currently shared with her father. Father, daughter duo returned their attention back to each other. Adrien had a firm protective grip on Emma's shoulders, a motion he only made when he really wanted someone's attention. 

" All you have to say is claws out." Emma nodded and stepped a few feet back. Adrien watched her, his hands returning to his hips. The teenager crossed her ringed hand over her chest, and took in a breath. She was about to make her first transformation. 

"Plagg! Claws out!" She commanded as she slid her remaining hand over the jewelry. Plagg was sucked into the ring, changing the silver ring into its black design. Emma closed her eyes as her hands came up over her head revealing a sharp cut green mask. When her hands reached the top of her head, two black ears emerged through her thick blonde hair. She brought her fingers down to her shoulders and folding out her elbows into an extended shrug, popping her hip. She crossed her right leg over and spun around, a short black skirt flaring out at her waist. After completing a full turn, Emma picks up the end of her skirt and gives a curtsey. Still leaned over, she swings her left arm down past her body and behind her as belt like tail, much like her father's appears. In her empty left hand, an extended silver rod materializes. Spinning it into a proper position, she crosses it behind her back diagonally. Releasing her right hand from her skirt she brings it up to balance the stick. Freeze. 

"Wow!" Emma exclaimed seeing the transformation. Adrien was unable to speak as he gazed at his daughter. In his opinion, he had never seen her look so beautiful. Maybe because of a bias, but I mean he loved his Chat Noir ego, and to see it on his daughter,  it made him even more proud. 

"You look purr..fect Em." Adrien complimented  extending his hand toward his daughter. A smile that he couldn't help spreading across his face. Blushing from her father's quirky comment, Emma delicately took his hand. Adrien spun her around in a dance like way, but before he could do anything else, Emma thrust her arms around him in a hug.

"Thank you." The teen mumbled. Adrien soaked up his daughter's love, recalling the promise he made to himself years ago to be the father he never had. Their hug was deep and heart felt. Neither one wanting to break, wishing the event would last forever. 

"Luckily, I've been training you to fence." Adrien broke the silence with a smirk, breaking their hug. Emma simply smirked back as she stepped away. 

"Bring it on!" She challenged as she drew her pole and moved into a ready position. Adrien grabbed a nearby fencing sword and prepared for battle. It was on. This would be the beginning of a long journey for Emma and Adrien, but deep down they k ew they were ready for it.