Chapter 27 - Family Effort

"You kids really think you could take on me!? Hahahahaha!" Monarchtress cackled when she saw the kids. Lady Chat only smirked before turning her head to her younger brother. He smiled back before turning to look at Monarchtress again.

"Tred carefully Monarchtress. You don't know what we're capable of." Little Bug spoke confidently. Lady Chat stepped forward theatrically.

"Agreste-tion runs in our veins." A smile came on both of the heros faces. 

"Pfffttt!" Adrien couldn't have been prouder of himself as he tried to stifle his laughter. "That was purrfect." He said to himself wiping a nonexistent tear from his eye.

"What have you done!?" Marinette teased as she smacked her husband's shoulder. Adrien rolled just slightly over to gaze at her.

"Taught her well." 

"She always was your daughter." Lady Chat and Little Bug prepared for battle, squaring up to their opponent. The three began to circle, at the half way point, Lady Chat jumped across and swung her baton down, but was blocked when Monarchtress grabbed hold. Little Bug then seized his opening and swung his yoyo, wrapping it around the woman's waist. As her body was pulled down by gravity, Lady Chat used her stick as a balance and swung down on it and kicked Monarchtress in her gut. The woman flew back, yoyo still wrapped around her waist. Lady Chat landed with a squat and a tail flick, as her brother reeled in his catch. There was no way it was that easy.  That assumption was correct when Monarchtress was dragged past Lady Chat, she yanked on the teenagers belt tail. The heroine fell to the group hard. Little Bug slacked slightly in his hands, and once he noticed his mistake, he was a millisecond too late. Monarchtress had wriggled her way out of her binding.  Knocking Little Bug back, Monarchtress kept for Lady Chat. The ring openly exposed on her finger. Lady Chat saw what was coming and rolled out of the way with only a second to spare. 

"That was too close for clawmfurt. You alright over there Hu...."

"Oh forget it....she knows who we are." Little Bug shouted getting to his feet. "Let's jar this butterfly." Gritting through his teeth the young boy once again stepped into a battle ready pose. Their confidence shining radiantly, the three squared off again. On the sidelines, the former heroes had no idea what to do. One after the other, the siblings took a shot at Monarchtress. The woman trying to defend herself on both sides. The conflict raged on for several more minutes, swarms of white butterflies coming off the walls and circling up above. 

"That's not good." Adrien relayed aloud to his wife noticing a single purple butterfly among the swarm of white ones. 

"Oh no." Scannung the room, Marinette checked for any openings were the akyma could get outside. She noticed in the big butterfly window, there was a single panel that was open, and the akuma was heading straight for it! "Hugo!" The boy turned to his mother and noticed that she was pointing. Seeing the butterfly he pulled out his yoyo. Getting ready to catch it, Monarchtresd changed to the offense and captured the boy in her arms. 

"Hugo!" The boy looked up and saw his father across the room waving his hands, but it was a far shot. 

"Emma!" Little Bug didnt intend to throw his yoy to his sister, but knowing Monarchtress, she do anything she could to stop it. Pulling the snake-eye trick, Monarchtress pushed and pinned Hugo down. Not expecting her to make that move, Little Bug stumbled and fell beneath the woman. The yoy slipping from his grasp and flying up ward when his wrist slammed into the floor. It was a perfect shot for Monarchtress to just grab it, but Lady Chat swooped in within moments and snatched it, vaulting on her baton. Once she landed, she threw the yoyo like a frisbee toward her father. She would have thrown it straight to her mother, but the cloud of butterflies had come lower to the ground and blocked a direct shot. Adrien caught the weapon easily and with a hard swing threw it to Marinette. With an easy flow of movement, Marinette caught the yoyo and slipped her finger into the magical string loop. Then hardly turning she swung the yoyo up and captured the akuma, moments before it went out the window into the dark skies. Once she had it, Marinette released the purified akuma. Meanwhile, Hugo shifted Beethoven Monarchtress, before he finally had enough leverage he turned the tables. Flipping himself up and over his oonent. The villainess reached up her fingers clasping around his miraculous. The boy was startled for a moment, when the woman snagged his earrings, causing his detransformation. Kneing him, Monarchtress relieved herself of his weight. Hugo kept his balance as he slid on the tips of his toes ad fingers to the side. Adrien and Marinette's hearts dropped, but Lady Chat kept her head. The young girl tackled Monarchtress, and rolled her onto her back, pulling back her arms as if she was aking an arrest.