Chapter 17 - Agreste vs. Couffaine

Hugo wasn't sure if he was excited, or if he was nervous. Emma and Louis tussled and teased each other in the backseat beside him. His mother stared out her window, while his father drove the car steadily down the street to the park. It was a nice day for a picnic, he had to admit. He just wasn't sure if he wanted to go to this particular picnic. His parents had agreed that it would be a good idea to get out of the house and go for a picnic, with the added bonus so socializing. Of course, they didn't exactly know who they would be socializing with. Emma and Hugo didn't have the heart to tell them that it would be their exes. So they only told them that it was the family of Hugo's friend Cecily. The closer they got to the park, the more anxious Hugo became. Emma was too busy wrestling with Louis to notice. Pulling into an empty space, Adrien parked the car. The Agrestes had arrived. In a rush, Louis and Emma unbuckled and burst from the car with a laugh. Marinette calmly got out as her oldest and youngest kids ran past her toward the park. She couldn't help but smile at them. Adrien was next. He opened the door enough, to step out before he leaned on the door slightly. The sun was bright that day, so he took a moment to put on a pair of sunglasses. 

"Beautiful day isn't it?" He asked his wife across the car.

"Sure is." Mari replied as she reached back into the car for a picnic basket. The basket was filled with sandwiches, macaroons, and lemonades. The scents had been wafting throughout the car the whole ride. Hugo couldn't imagine how awful it must have felt for the kwamis smelling the food. Especially for Plagg.

"Here let me help you with that." Adrien offered as he closed the door and made his way over to Marinette. As his parents were getting stuff from the car, Hugo began to walk toward the park. Emma and Louis were much farther ahead, already consumed in their game of tag. He didn't see the Couffaines anywhere. Maybe they just hadn't arrived yet. Behind him, Adrien and Marinette had gathered their supplies and began to walk into the park as well. Adrien carried the basket, while Mari clutched a thick blue blanket. With his empty arm, Adrien pulled Marinette closer to him. Bright smiles on both of their faces as they strolled in time. Marinette's red skirt shimmering under the light with their movement. They found a large oak tree and spread the blanket out a few feet from it. Once prepared, Marinette sat down ladylike on the corner of the blanket. The sun hitting the side of her rump and her legs. Adrien sat down beside her. His right arm behind him, supporting his weight. His left leg crossed in front of him while his right leg was propped up as a stand for his left arm to rest. A very casual yet relaxed position.  Though he was in the shade, he didn't feel like taking off his shades. Maybe he felt he looked cool. Perhaps his Chat Noir was showing through today. Hugo stood a few feet away watching his siblings play around. He didn't stand around for long before he was caught off guard by a familiar voice.

"Hey! You came! I was afraid that you wouldn't." Cecily confessed excitedly as she jogged up to Hugo. She had on a white short sleeve shirt with a silver coiled snake on the front. A light blue gather mini skirt, knee high white stockings and navy blue school girl  strapped flats. Her wavy navy to teal ombred hair was down with two baby blue dragon head hair clips holding her thick hair out of her face. Hugo was flustered by her beauty. Had she always been this pretty? Or was she even prettier today than normal? Adrien and Mari watched the teens for a moment before looking to their right. What came next was a complete surprise. Not as big as the revealing of their identities, but this would be pretty high up on their list of surprises. Coming toward them was Luka and Kagami. Kagami carried the picnic basket, while Luka carried a yellow colored blanket under his arm. His other arm wrapped around Kagami's waist. As the Coffaines got closer they spotted their daughter and Hugo. 

"Hello. You must be Hugo. Cecily has told us a lot about you." Luka said as he stretched his arm out in greeting. Hugo accepted the gesture and the two shook hands.