Ch 1 - Failed Attempt

[Police Station]

"HELP!"

A shaky voice yelled, alarming the whole station. The air stood still as everyone's eyes turned to her, frozen in their places.

"PLEASE! ANYONE! HELP ME!"

The woman swarmed her head left and right in agony, seeking anyone's aid.

Her white tank top was ripped out to a tee revealing patches of bloody skin; her pink skirt was colored with mud and blood stains. Her neck was carved with red lines, as if firm nails had dug deep into them. Bruises were on her face, proving herself to be a victim of a brutal attack. Her hand was covering her arm as it stubbornly bled out; her leg was limping as she attempted to walk to the receptionist. Careless tears streamed down her cheeks.

No crying sounds were escaping her lips—just pleading for help.

Finally, after the trained crowd registered the fact, an officer swiftly placed documents on his desk and rapidly rushed to her, being the first one to take action.

"Ma'am," His voice so firm yet gentle, "Ma'am please calm down." He held her shoulders as she trembled in fear.

"P-Please, help me..." She pleadingly stuttered in her soft cry as her eyes met with his.

"Calm down, please, take a seat." He sat her down on one of the chairs next to the entrance. "Bring her some water!" He turned and ordered the officer behind him, then turned back to her.

She heavily breathed as she looked into the officer's dark orbs--her eyes revealing her trauma without permission. Her fragile body trembled as her lips quivered.

An intense fear dominated her, the officer realized.

"Here." A uniformed underling behind him hands the victim a glass of water.

"Easy, easy." He rubbed her shoulder as she chugged the water down—as if hydration was something she had longed to meet. "Don't worry Ma'am, we're going to help you. But please, try to relax."

She let out a long shaky sigh as she nodded her head as tears escaped her chocolate brown eyes.

"OK..." The officer speaks. "The first thing we're going to do is take you to the infirmary. Your injuries need to be treated." He addressed, observing the bruises and bumps on the young woman's skin.

Just what has she been through?

She shook her head in refusion,

"N-No...please, I need you to listen."

The officer met his eyes with hers intensely, grinding his teeth in stress as he kneeled down to her level, holding her hand with both of his in the process.

"Tell me."

A moment of silence passed as she visited her memories—her lips still quivering and her breath still shaky as more tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Someone...someone tried to kill me."

.oOo.

[Unknown POV]

She knocked on the Don's office, eager to alert him of the news she just received.

He definitely won't be pleased, but I have no choice.

"Come in." An authoritative voice spoke out from the other end.

She twisted the doorknob and opened the door, slowly walking in as she took sharp breaths.

"What is it?" The man behind the desk looked into her soul with his intense gaze, sensing the news she carried was not a good one.

She froze, looking at him in disappointment due to the position she was in.