Ch 2 - Bloomingdales

"So a journalist, huh?" He asked walking by her side as her fingers brushed over the foreign clothes hung up on the racks.

The shop, Bloomingdales, is overall tiny. Its size only allowed 30 people in at a time. It had a crowd waiting in line out the door, but with one word from this mysterious gentleman, they were permitted entrance in less than a minute.

Their clothes' fabric comes from the richest areas in the world, making them expensive, vintage, and desirable.

The walls reflected a rich yellow color--lighter than Lucy's hair, contrasting well with the hardwood floor. Clothes were neatly color-coded, and organized by wooden hangers that were set up on a metallic rack—a rack that stretched out in one smooth line all across the sides of the shop, leaving an empty space in the middle for people to walk.

"Yep. And my manager is super cool. So overall, I love my job." She stopped in her tracks as she met her eyes with two hanged fits, taking admiration to them. She held both hangers off the rack and swayed them in front of her, comparing the two.

"That's good." He responded, showing interest in her private life as he stood next to her, examining her every movement—his arms locked behind his back as he read her.

He watched her critically contemplate the outfits, taking notice of her furrowed blonde brows and puckered lips--completely focused on the clothes at hand as if her life depended on it.

"What do you think about this one?" She held up a nude-colored blouse.

"The color would bring out your eyes," he said.

Her cheeks slightly burned up at the compliment before she locked eyes with him, looking into his olive orbs, taking notice of something... abnormal.

His smile might be there, but his eyes.. the dullness in his eyes.. it reflected some sort of... emptiness in his core.

Something she had noticed for a split-second, then brushed off. It was definitely just her inner writer analyzing things beyond necessity.

She curled her lips into a warm smile,

"Okay, I'll try it out and see if fits."

Ring-ring Ring-ring

"I'll be waiting by the cashier." He said as he slid his hand inside his suit jacket and took out his phone from his inner pocket.

"Alright." The blonde responded as she turned around and walked towards the fitting room area straight ahead.

With that, he swiftly turned and walked in the opposite direction, heading towards the door that was by the cashier.

He accepted the call and placed his phone against his ear.

"How's it going?" A calm voice initiated from the other end of the line.

"What did I say about calling me?" The salmon-haired man clenched his fist, trying to keep his voice as low as possible.

"Oh come on brother. I'm just checking up on you."

He shut his eyes and let out a sharp, controlled breath.

"The plan is working. She doesn't suspect a thing." His calm voice washed over him.

"Hold on, are you saying that--"

"Yes, I'm with her right now."

"What?!"

"Nathan!" A feminine voice calls out from behind him.

"I have to go."

"Wait, Natsu-!"