Ch 3 - Wednesday

Ring-ring Ring-ring

The blonde picked up the phone and placed it against her ear, then took her hand off and kept her phone still with the support of her shoulder as she cooked some breakfast.

"Hello?" She spoke up.

One hand was shaking some salt into the pan whilst the other mixed the scrambled egg.

"Hey Lucy." Answered a masculine voice from the call line. "Are you busy right now?"

"Wait a second."

She took her cellphone off her ear and activated the speaker, then placed it on the kitchen counter.

"Ok, can you hear me?" She asked as she continued on scrambling the eggs.

"Yes." He responded. "What are you doing?"

"Just cooking some breakfast. Come over, I'm making plenty."

"I will be, and the cops are coming with me. Did you forget what day it is?"

"Umm..." The blonde buffered for a second before it hit her.

"Oh crap!" She dropped her slotted spoon in the pan as her eyes widened, realizing that today was the day the investigation begins.

"Dang it, for a moment I thought it was Tuesday." She turned off the flame.

He chuckled,

"C'mon, get ready. We'll be there in less than ten."

With that, Loke hung up the phone, leaving Lucy standing in the kitchen with her hands on her waist, zoned out, thinking about whether or not the officers will find any evidence to support her case.

After her awful experience, she had been struggling to feel safe in her own home, justifiably. But what concerned her the most was why she was targeted in the first place...and by who?

She hoped that whatever evidence the officers would find would answer some of her questions at least.

The blonde sighed at the thought and undid her apron, throwing it on the kitchen table before grabbing a plate from the cupboard and pouring her well-done eggs into it. She grabbed a fork and began to eat whilst standing, her mind still swarming with endless thoughts.

After eating, she placed her plate in the dishes and washed her hands, then headed over to her couch to lazily sit back and relax.

Ding Dong

The blonde swiftly turned to the door at the sound of her doorbell ring.

"It's me, Lucy," He reassured from the other end of the door.

She sighed in relief after recognizing her friend's voice. She stood up from the couch and quickly walked towards the entrance, unlocked the door, and opened it wide to welcome her guests.

"Smells really good in here, did you leave me some?" Loke snarkily said as he walked into the apartment in the company of three policemen behind him.

"Ma'am, we'd like to access your backyard." One of the officers spoke out with one hand straightened out by his side and the other resting on his gun, still standing outside her door due to the law.

"Uh...okay, follow me." She hesitated as she walked out the door in between two officers, then stopped and turned to them. "This is a compound apartment, so the backyard is downstairs." She explained.

"So you're telling me that no one was around to witness this attempted murder in a shared backyard?" The other officer questioned with narrowed eyebrows.