Ch 13 - Home

5 weeks had passed since that day.

She fluttered her eyes open in the darkness. The hard ground beneath her ached her neck.

Her cheek and arms were stained with dirt. Dirt from the dark cell she had been locked in.

She was given a meal and one cup of water a day.

She would always leave her plate full, though. Her bones had become weak and fragile because of it. A bite or two was all she could stomach.

How could she have been so stupid?

Unlocking the cell, a fair-skinned girl with ocean-blue hair walked in, holding a plate full of food and a glass of water.

She walked towards the blonde seated at the corner of the cell on the hard-bricked ground.

"Time for food," she smiled, "And I'm Juvia, by the way," she placed her tray and glass beside her legs.

Lucy did not respond. It was always that same face bringing her food, at that same hour.

It was the only time she had cared to say her name, though. Lucy noticed this.

Mira probably had a talk with her. Asked her to be nicer.

"Would you like some company?" Her head tilted as a faint blush greeted her cheeks.

She was acting like they weren't monsters, Lucy thought. And she hated the façade.

She didn't respond. Her knees were up as her arms circled around them, making herself smaller.

"Are you cold?" Juvia asked. "It's a little chilly in here,"

The blonde, again, was silent. She wasn't going to entertain small talk. Not in her condition, and certainly not with her detainers.

Juvia sighed,

"I'll get you a change of clothes, 'kay?" She turned to walk out, not awaiting a reply.

"Thank you," Lucy said, stopping her briefly.

She didn't disregard her kindness.

"Of course," she responded with a smile before she locked the cell and left.

And then she was alone again.

.oOo.

Meanwhile, the Don was drinking at the bar in their hidden Fairy Tail space.

Everyone had been quiet the past few weeks. Not as lively as they were. At least not when the Don was around.

Lately, he was always on edge.

"So, what're ya plannin' on using her for?" The metalhead spoke, taking a seat next to him. Boldly.

No one had dared to for a while now.

"Has she eaten?" He questioned, staring ahead with a blank expression before he took a sip of his drink.

He had been made aware of her full plates.