Chapter 3

"Shit Nico stop!" Nero shouts running out the door of the van once more as mechanical tools were thrown at him, one just missing his head as he ducks down the stairs and skidding to a stop right outside to point back at her, nearly missing a screw driver.

"I told'ya Lady an I just cleaned the damn van and here ya go draggin shit back in'ere!"

Said women peaks through the passenger window with a raised brow.

"I had to use the bathroom!" He shouts in defense.

"You have a dick don't ya!? Go anywhere Jesus man." He takes a step towards the van but she raises her handy wrench and he quickly steps back "Don't mention my dick that's disgusting!" He glares at the southern women. "At least V had the decency to leave." Lady comments, "Speaking ooof..." She points behind Nero to where the newer member was walking over with someone else.

"V! Hey V help me out here!" Nero turns to him, the tattooed man raises a brow "What do I tell you, every time you try to involve me in your little arguments." He muses leaning on his cane looking to two over.

"Yeah but this is different there's two of them picking on me!" Nero gestures to both the women who where leaning at the door this time with their arms crossed.

"I am not the one who angered them. You fix it." He tilts his head looking at the white haired man.

"I suggest buying some cigarettes and maybe some booze for them to say you are sorry." You muse stepping out from behind V.

The others look you over skeptically Nero even reached for his gun for a split second before relaxing.

"Whose your friend, V?" He asked with some venom to his words.

"This is (Y/N)." He places a hand down onto Shadows head as she stood by him "Shadow found her, i thought it best to... include her in helping us get to the tree faster." He removes his hand as the cat rounds him back to you with a flick of her tail

"Oh did you now?" He scuffs walking to the side since he couldn't get back into the van.

"I saw her fight, I figured that was reason enough."

"Long as she doesn't get a cut of our pay." Nico mumbles as she walks back into the vehicle.

"Free of charge. I came here freely cause I was bored... after evacuating everyone I could." You watched her retreat Lady raises her head with a hum before following the southern women, Nero mumbles something before going off on his own "I'll call if I need ya!" He yells.

"You better not break anything!" Nico shouts back.

~~~~~~~~~~

V passes you outside the van handing you a bottle of water as he moves to sit on some fallen rocks. You take it with a soft thanks and drink it.

Shadow sits next to you as you sip from the bottle.

"So what's your goal, just get to the tree or...?" You asked just as he takes out his book.

"We plan to take down the nearest roots, weaken the tree before entering." He opens said book giving you a glance then goes to reading.

You sip the water once more your gaze moving to the looming tree above the city.

"That's a start I suppose." You mutter.

"Then what do you suggest lady huh!?" Griffon forms and looks at you, he perched himself atop the van.

"Well I'd just go right in... but that's just me." You shrug.

"Oooooh do ya know? You think you got what it takes to take on all the demons that are dwelling inside that tree?" He looks down at you with a smug look, he was mocking you.