Chapter Eight

"You're heat ended quickly," Shoto mused as he sat on the edge of the bed beside Izuku.

The greenette smiled at him. "My heats typically only last three to four days. The only downside is my heats are only about two to three months apart and this one started early... Probably due to stress. Well, heavy stress, and then relief. I'm not very stressed right now."

Shoto chuckled softly. "I'm glad you're not stressed as of right now. Did my scent help?"

Izuku smiled shyly and nodded, a light blush tinting his cheeks the tips of his ears. "Yes... I appreciated the offerings... Oh, you can- you can have them back-"

The prince raised his hand. "Please, keep them. They'll help keep your Omega calm and satiated."

"Oh... Thank you," Izuku whispered softly, looking down bashfully.

Shoto looked over the Omega, chest warm and mind at ease. Izuku certainly looked much healthier than the first few days he was there. His hair was bouncy and curly. Very full a top his head. Some curls fell in front of his bright, veridian eyes. Freckled dusted his cheeks and nose, the natural tone underneath darker than Shoto's.

The prince felt very... Lucky to know this beautiful Omega. Yet, he felt a burning hatred grow more for the Alpha that had hurt him. Whoever he was did not deserve sucha beautiful, kind and smart Omega in their lives, let alone as their mate.

He will gladly keep Izuku a secret as long as his father will allow. Izuku will never have to see that terrible Alpha again.

~

Conversation became easier with each visit. Izuku was just so bright and bubbly. He opened up more every day. Shoto didn't realize it, but he was opening up as well.

Izuku brought comfort and peace over Shoto. The Omega's room- despite basically being a prison -became a safespace for the young prince.

"-to! Shoto!"

The prince blinked himself out of his daze and looked to the Omega waving at him.

Izuku pouted. "You zoned out. Did you hear anything I said?"

"Ahh, sorry." Shoto lowered his head, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Anyway, I was telling you about the ball where I first met my friend, Denki Kaminari. He's a knight at the palace now-"

"You attended balls?"

Izuku tilted is head. "Uh... Yes? My father was an extremely decorated and beloved knight and my fiancé is... High up. Noble. I've been to a lot of balls. In fact, I've seen you and your father at one or two."

Shoto furrowed his brows, resting his chin in his hand. "You have..? I remember going to some, but I don't remember seeing you there..." He admitted softly as he searched his memories.

The Omega smiled slightly. "That's okay. I'm... Plain. I blend in easily," he muttered, picking at the edge of the page of the book in front of him.

Scowling, Shoto grabbed his hand. The prince isn't one for physical affection, but he's learned that Izuku is. When Izuku met his gaze, he gently squeezed. "You are not plain. I happen to think you are... Very beautiful. Anyone who has made you believe otherwise doesn't deserve you."

Izuku smiled and blushed bashfully, looking away.

Shoto breathed deeply and stood, gently tugging on the Omega. The greenette tilted his head but followed him to his feet. "I don't know how to dance. I don't dance at balls and I've never attended dance class. Will you teach me?"

The Omega's expression softened and he nodded.

Izuku guided him into position, placing Shoto's right hand high up on his back, stepping close to him. Their fingers interlocked and Izuku led.

"There you go. Just one foot at a time," the Omega instructed with a smile, giggling as they then bumped into each other. "Not quite so close. Move with the flow. Same time, pace and beat."

"There's no beat," Shoto muttered, brows drawn together as he focused. "There is no music to dance to properly."

Izuku laughed. "While it is easier to find a beat, you don't need music to dance." His eyes glimmered as the prince looked into them. "Just the rhythm of the movement. When my mother tought us how to dance, she would say... 'Look into your partner's eyes amd you'll find a place beyond the ballroom... Beyond the palace and even the kingdom. Everything around you will fade, even the music, leaving just the two of you... That's all you need.'"

Shoto smiled, trying to relax and maintain eye contact. He did love looking into those depths. "Your mother sounds wonderful. I'd like to meet her sometime."

The Omega grinned wide. "I think she'd like to meet you, too. Oh, she's very proper. You might want her to call you by your name, but she won't stop calling you 'my prince' or 'your highness', things like that. It's habit. She won't be able to stop bowing or apologizing. I picked up some of it from her... But I'm not quite as bad," he mused, fondness swirling in his eyes.

Humming in amusement was Shoto's response. He only half-listened, too entranced by all the emotion so clear in Izuku's wonderful eyes.

A low whistle caught them off guard and they jumped apart, looking to the bedroom door.

Keigo stood, clapping. "Dancing already, you two lovebirds!"

Iida bowed from behind him, brows drawn together in frustration. "I am sorry, your highness. I told him not to interfere and-"

"I simply had to barge in! Your father has business to attend to, young prince, and he only wants to know if you'll be attending or staying with the Omega."

Shoto sighed and looked back to Izuku.

Said Omega was blushing once again, holding himself in embarrassment. Why he's embarrassed, Shoto is unsure, but he knows that the Omega is so adorable with how shy he is.

The prince breathed deeply. "I'll accompany my father. I'll just say my goodbyes to Izuku," he answered with a nod.

Keigo grinned and winked. "I'll let him know. Don't be too long, love birds," he sang as he left, the door being closed behind him.

"I apologize," Shoto muttered as he turned back to Izuku, taking his hand back.

Izuku smiled back up at him. "Don't worry about it."

"I do suppose what your mother says is true, though." Shoto offered a small smile in return. Izuku cocked his head slightly. "When I was looking into your eyes, I was so lost in them I hadn't even noticed the door was opened."

The Omega's blush darkened.

Shoto chuckled and raised Izuku's hand to place a light kiss on his knuckles. "Thank you for the dancing lesson. I look forward to the next."

"Oh... Yeah..." Was all Izuku could muster as he watched the prince leave.

-----

1135 words