Chapter Thirty

He's missing it, he's missing it, he's missing it!

Shoto leapt off his horse, not caring that he hadn't waited for someone to grab the steed. He bolted across the courtyard and up the stairs as fast as he could. The doors opened before he had to slow down, which he was grateful for.

His heart pounded so hard his his chest, he heart it over the frantic fluttering of his cape.

The King gasped as he skidded around the corner, arm flailing out to help him regain his balance so he could continue forward.

Finally- finally, he reached his shared bedroom, throwing the door open.

He panted hard, eyes finally locking onto his mate's lovely veridian ones. Shoto hurried over, taking Izuku into his arms and scenting him all over. "I'm late, I'm so, so sorry I'm late, I-"

"Shoto!" Izuku giggled tiredly, holding onto the Alpha. "You got here just in time..."

"But, I-"

A little whimper stopped him and he snapped his head up. He looked down to the two bundles lain so carefully beside Izuku.

Wait... Two?

Izuku giggled again at his mate's wide-eyed, slack-jawed expression. "Our pups, Sho..."

Tears welled up in his eyes, hesitantly reaching over to brush his fingers over the pale green patch of hair on the smaller pup. The pup pouted, little chubby fists pressing into their cheeks.

The other pup was quiet, their own hair snowy-white.

Shoto gulped, gripping Izuku. "They're... They're so beautiful... They're amazing..."

"Want to hold them?"

The King jolted at the question, then slowly nodded. He shifted to face Izuku, sitting more stable on the edge of the bed. His fingers trembled, watching as his mate crooned to their smaller pup. Izuku lifted them, purring louder as the pup fussed.

Shoto swallowed, nerves almost getting the better of him until the pup was in his arms. He melted instantly, cradling the quieting pup to his chest, tears brimming in his eyes. "Oh my God... 'Zuku..."

Izuku smiled softly as he watched, placing his hand on Shoto's knee. "Both strong and healthy Alpha boys..."

The King huffed and shook his head. "I just care about the strong and healthy part..." He muttered, nosing at the silky hair a top his pup's head. He couldn't help the purr rumbling in his chest as he swayed. "They're beautiful... I love them so much... I love you so much..."

Izuku grinned wider, his own tears in his eyes. "Oh, Sho..."

Shoto sighed happily, relishing in the scent of his children and mate filling the room. He held his littlest pup close, happiness blooming inside him.

~

Kento was the only name Shoto could come up with for his smaller son. The little pup looked just like his mate.

"Cure for sadness," Izuku had mused when Shoto proposed the name. Shoto felt like it was so fitting. These three really and truly were the cure for his sadness.

Kento, although small, was very loud. He'd wake at all hours of the night, immediately wailing and waking everyone in the room. He was easily a daddy's boy, though, calming almost the moment he was in his father's arms. Unless, however, he was hungry. That was when his mother was allowed to hold him.

And first born pup, Hiro. Hiro was much quieter than his younger brother. When he'd wake, he'd start out with little whimpers and wiggles, only starting to cry when his parents wouldn't wake after a while. He was practically glued to Izuku at all hours, fussing when his father or anyone else tries giving him attention. However, Hiro did very much like laying in his father's lap, listening to him sing while Kento is being fed by their mother.

Shoto adored both his pups to the moon and back, hating that he had to spend even a few minutes away from them. His kingly duties kept him away for hours at a time some days. He itched to hold his sons and his mate while he was away.

He briefly wondered once if his father had ever felt like this with any of his siblings or him. Shoto didn't know his oldest brother very well. He had run away when Shoto was still very small, relinquishing his claim to the throne. Fuyumi is the second oldest and an Omega. She had no claim to the throne. Then Natsuo, a Beta. He was forced to sign away his claim to the throne.

Then finally, Shoto himself. Four children. Four before the Emperor had gotten just what he wanted. Had Enji cared for him as a pup? Held him and whispered to him to help him sleep?

What about his mother? Surely his mother felt this way with each of her pups. Shoto hoped she had.

The first time he had spent an entire day away from his family had Shoto growling until he was greeted by his mate in the council room.

As soon as the door opened and the King caught a wiff of his mate's minty scent, he made his way around the table and his councilmen. Izuku smiled and embraced him, tilting his head for Shoto to burying his nose into his scent glands.

The Queen stayed for the rest of the meeting and laughed as Shoto impatiently carried him back to their bedroom.

"They're still here, Sho," Izuku whispered once he was set on his feet, kissing his mate's cheek.

Shoto sighed, looking down into the crib shared by the slumbering twins.

Kento clung to Hiro, chubby cheeks rosy. Hiro lay on his back, spread out. Both looked so peaceful.

The Alpha sighed, relaxing more. "I just hate being away from you three for so long..."

Izuku nodded, carding his fingers through his mate's hair. "I know, my love," he crooned, gently tugging him to their bed.

Shoto smiled, holding Izuku's waist as the Omega practically forced him to sit. He purred as his mate straddled his lap. "I thought you were still recovering?"

"I am," Izuku huffed amusedly, kissing down Shoto's neck as he pushes him to lay on their bed. "I'm not allowed intercourse but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to love on and scent my Alpha."

"That's true," Shoto mused, closing his eyes as Izuku's calming scent wrapped around him. He held his mate close, purr rumbling deep in his chest.

The greenette trailed his kisses back up to Shoto's lips. "I love you, Sho," he whispered, tenderly caressing his cheek, thumb brushing gently over the scar.

Shoto leaned into his touch, sighing. "I love you, too, 'Zuku... So much..."

-----

1100 words

And I'm done!

I hope you guys enjoyed it! I really did, so much. I just love Tododeku. Love writing their dynamic and how they compliment each other.

I'm just really happy with how this came out.