Chapter Ten

It's been a week since Izuku had been allowed to roam the halls with a guard. Nothing more. Apparently, dancing was not as impressing to work a second time.

However, Shoto did genuinely enjoy the lessons Izuku gave him. He enjoyed the warmth from Izuku's body and the glimmering in his eyes as he smiled up at the prince. Shoto liked the feeling inside himself as he held the Omega close and danced with him.

His father needed more convincing if they were going to have more opportunities to escape.

"I think he'll respond to physical affections," Shoto muttered, accidentally causing a choking fit from the Omega.

Izuku set down his cup of tea, cheeks red. "Oh..?"

Shoto straightened up. "My father doesn't know emotion. Can't see it as well, doesn't understand it. However, he knows... The physical aspect. If we started to physically show standard signs of affection, I believe he will believe in our 'love.'"

The Omega's cheeks and the tips of his ears darkened. "Like... Kissing..? Touching..?" He asked tentatively.

"I'm not very sure what you mean by touching, but... Yes. I'm hoping he responds faster to the more physical aspects of a relationship."

Izuku chewed on his fingernail, brows pinched together as he muttered nervously.

Shoto eyed him carefully, unable to decipher his ramblings. He had an idea and stood hoping the Omega wouldn't hate him afterwards. He had to be quick- Keigo will be interrupting or peeking in at any moment.

Izuku snapped out of his thoughts as Shoto offered his hand out to him. "Sho..?"

God, did the prince love when the Omega called him that. "Another dance? Before I have to leave?"

The Omega relaxed and nodded. He took the prince's hand as he stood, letting himself be pulled in.

They only swayed, Shoto allowing himself to lean into the Omega's minty, earthy scent. It was a very calming, homey smell that set him at ease. Not only did he enjoy it, but the Alpha inside him did as well.

He perked up slightly, hearing bootsteps nearing steadily. "Izuku, I have an idea."

"Idea?"

"Yes, I need you to trust me on this. I'm going to kiss you."

Izuku squeaked, face flaring up redder than ever as he froze up. "Kiss-"

"Yes, kiss you. Can I?" The steps drew nearer.

The Omega swallowed thickly, fingers trembling. "Y-yes," he stuttered, gasping as he was dipped.

Shoto held the small of Izuku's back to keep him upright, other hand cupping Izuku's cheek as their lips meshed rather unceremoniously. A sound of surprise was muffled by the prince, but the Omega soon eased into it.

The prince nearly melted at the way Izuku's fingers threaded through his hair. His heart skipped as the Omega pressed more into him, the kiss softer. He almost didn't notice as the door opened.

"Oh, shit-" Keigo hissed, pivoting quickly.

Even as Shoto pulled away, Izuku still clung tightly to him. He smiled at the flustered Omega, fondness swelling in his chest at the sight before him. He didn't want to let him go.

"Your royal highness, your father wishes to see you," Kiego chimed in, keeping his back turned. "So... Whenever you're ready."

Izuku grew more red, if possible, and quickly hid his face in the crevice of Shoto's neck, pressing into his scent gland. He almost purred, actually enjoying being so close to the Omega.

Shoto brushed his thumb back and forth on Izuku's back, glancing over to his father's guard. "Let him know I'll be there shortly."

Keigo gave a thumbs up and shut the door as he walked out.

The prince tilted his head, trying to see the Omega's face buried in his neck. "Are you okay..?" He got a quiet 'yes' in response. "Are you sure?"

Izuku muttered another yes, fingers curled tight into the loose fabric of Shoto's shirt. He kept his face tucked into the Alpha, far too embarrassed to look at him.

"Can I scent you..?" Shoto asked, nosing gently at the curls in front of him.

The greenette shifted slightly, then tilted his head, baring his neck for the prince.

Shoto closed his eyes, rubbing his cheek into the Omega.

Izuku squeaked and giggled, Shoto's scent filling his room and transferring over his scent. He mewled happily, finally looking up into Shoto's eyes.

The prince smiled in return, placing a little kiss among the green curls atop Izuku's head. "I need to see what my father wants... Hopefully I can visit you soon."

"Yeah," Izuku sighed, slowly releasing the prince as he relaxed. He watched as Shoto left, holding his hands to his chest. "Bye..."

-----

774 words