Chapter Three

Izuku really enjoyed Ochako's company. She was sweet and bouncy and overall a kind person. She talked a lot and honestly, Izuku found it comforting. He felt like they were very similar, personality wise.

He just couldn't open up to her about his past. He couldn't open up to anyone in fear that he may find him.

His door opened and Izuku scuttled to his feet.

Shoto stepped in and nodded to the guard.

Izuku relaxed slightly as the door closed. "I thought you and your father were going out today?"

"Change of plans," the prince muttered, walking over. "My father has decided that traveling a day to a desperate village is not worth his time. He sent a messenger with some supplies to quiet the village."

"Sounds like my King and your Emperor aren't so different..." Izuku sighed and sat with him on the edge of his bed.

"I suppose they can be similar, yes." Shoto hunched forward, elbows on his knees and chin resting on his interlaced knuckles.

Izuku hugged his knees to his chest, watching the prince. "Will you tell me about yourself?" He asked softly, not wanting to pry, but curious about the Alpha beside him.

Shoto looked to the Omega beside him. "You want to know about me?"

"Of course." Izuku nodded and shifted closer. "We'll be conspiring together for the next few months so why not get to know each other?" He smiled with a tilt of his head.

Cute... Shoto breathed deeply and straightened up. "Well... I don't know if there's anything particularly interesting about me..." His fingers carded through his hair as he thought. "I... Enjoy reading. It's how I escape my father most days. I also enjoy riding my horses."

Izuku perked up and giggled. "Two things we have in common already. Reading was also my escape and even though I don't ride often or own my own horse, I do enjoy riding them."

A smile smile broke Shoto's typically stoic expression. "It's nice to know we'll have other things to talk about during your stay." Izuku nodded. "Let's see, what else... I do enjoy royally pissing my father off."

That got a good laugh out of the greenette. "I never expected this!" Izuku admitted.

Shoto hummed. "What'd you expect?"

"Well," Izuku breathed deeply, resting his chin on his knees, "I had heard stories of the 'ice-cold prince'... I was always told you were so emotionless and uncaring. You never spared a glance to anyone in need... Everyone said that you were... Just like the Emperor. So uncaring."

The prince slowly frowned and looked away. "Right... I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to know that's how people think of me..." He muttered, pursing his lips afterwards.

"None of it's true, though..." Izuku shifted to try and regain eye contact. "You don't show emotion like most people would. Yes, you appear very stoic, but... In the few days I've known you, you've... You've comforted me and you're trying to help me escape your father, you've contacted my mother and moved her closer to the palace- you've done so much for me and you don't know anything about me. I still don't know much about you, but I know enough now to refute anything I've ever heard anyone else say..."

Shoto looked up to the Omega. He wasn't sure what to say. No one has ever spoken to him so sincerely and kindly before. So, all he said was, "thank you," voice quiet.

Izuku hummed and glanced out the window.

The Alpha watched him carefully and breathed deeply before speaking again. "Tell me... About you..."

The greenette gulped and tensed. "W-well," he stuttered, back to fidgetting with his clothing. "As you know, it's just mom and I running from our home kingdom... I'm not very interesting either... Uhm..." His brows furrowed as he thought. "This... This isn't my first arranged engagement. You're the second person I've been betrothed to."

Shoto sighed. "You're running from the first."

"And I'm currently attempting to run from the second." He tried to sound joking, to make light of the situation, but his voice cracked and trembled.

The prince only watched with concern.

Izuku breathed deeply, tugging on his sleeve. "I, uhm... I couldn't be there anymore... And if he finds me, he'll kill me for running away..."

"I'm sorry... No one should be in such a position."

The Omega sniffled and rubbed his nose. "It's not your fault... But it does suck... If he finds out, I'm dead. If your father finds out about this or if we're not in love in five months, I'm dead... If I manage to escape your father, I'll have two very powerful, very angry people after me. It's not a very glamorous life."

The prince gently placed his hand on Izuku's leg and squeezed. "We'll get you out. We'll figure it out and we'll do it without letting your previously betrothed where you are," he assured, looking into Izuku's veridian eyes.

Izuku seemed to relax slightly and nodded.

Shoto hummed and stood. "I'll visit you when I can, Izuku. Let Ochako know if you ever need anything."

"Yes, thank you." Izuku stood as well and watched the prince leave. He sighed as the door closed and his gaze ventured out the windows.

-----

883 words