Chapter Two

When Izuku awoke the next morning, he didn't remember where he was. His first thought was how wonderfully comfortable and warm his bed was.

As a gentle knock sounded at his door, it all came crashing back.

He sat up quick, heart racing as the door opened.

A brunette girl peeked in and smiled softly.

Izuku swallowed hard, trying to settle himself as the servant girl approached him.

"Hello," she chirped, holding up a tray of food. "We don't know what or like or what you wanted or are used to, so we kinda threw a bunch of things on the tray with some fresh milk."

Izuku slowly took the tray and looked at the apartment of food. He hadn't seen or gotten a tray like this in a while. He forced a smile for the servant. "Thank you. It looks delicious."

The other Omega perked up and grinned. "I'm glad! I'll be back soon to take care of your tray and help you bathe and get dressed. Oh- also! My name is Ochako Uraraka. If you ever need anything, just ask for me." She was oh-so perky as she spoke, it was nearly unsettling to the Omega in the bed.

Izuku only nodded and watched her leave. He looked down to the tray of food. He licked his lips, not sure what to do.

On one hand, he was starving. On the other, he wanted out of where he was. He needed further away.

His stomach growled and that was that.

Izuku ate an apple slice. Then a strawberry. Then a few blueberries and took a small sip of the milk. He continued to the biscuit and the porridge which were then followed by more fruits and back to the milk.

"Oh, good. You had an appetite this morning."

Izuku gasped and jumped at the deep voice, looking up to where the prince stood.

"I'm sorry, I hadn't meant to intrude." He nodded to the guard at the door who then closed it.

The Omega grew increasingly nervous and fidgety as the Alpha neared him, no one else in the room.

Shoto sat on the edge of the bed, a fair distance between him and the Omega. This helped ease some of Izuku's nerves. "I was worried you wouldn't eat this morning."

"I wasn't going to..." Izuku admitted, looking down at the tray. "But... I didn't eat at all yesterday and... I hadn't had much for... For a few weeks..."

The prince hummed in understanding. "My guard should be returning from the inn soon."

Izuku perked up slightly. "Really..?" He tried not to sound too hopeful, but knew it didn't work.

Shoto nodded.

An awkward silence trickled in between them, neither knowing what to say.

"I..." Shoto finally spoke back up, turning to face the Omega better. He didn't miss the way Izuku pulled his legs in closer to his chest. "I wanted to talk to you in private... Because I had an idea."

Izuku tilted his head. "Idea? For what..?"

The prince breathed deeply. "My father expects me to marry whoever he chooses- you. He just chose you because, well, male Omegas produce strong Alphas." Shoto looked back down, pursing his lips. "I, however... Don't want to end up like him. He had a loveless marriage with a depressed wife... Forcing her to bare his children until she... She killed herself..."

"Oh..." Izuku softened, moving the tray aside. He crawled over and sat as close to the Alpha as he was willing. "I'm sorry... I heard the queen had died, but I thought it was illness..?"

Shoto scoffed and smiled bitterly. "That's what my father wanted everyone to believe. In a way, he believes it himself. To him, she was weak. She was pathetic. The only thing she was good for- to him- was producing strong heirs... And I am... His masterpiece. I was exactly what he wanted when he and his father chose her."

Izuku looked down, fidgeting. He breathed deeply. "I'm sorry... That's terrible... My... My mother is wonderful. I think you'd like her very much." He spoke softly, tugging on his sleeves.

"Think so? What about your father?"

The Omega shook his head. "I never knew him... He was this great knight for King Masaru and his queen and died serving them when I was a baby... All I have of him is this... This painting hanging in the palace." He muttered, glancing up to the prince.

"I'm sorry." The prince went to place his hand on the Omega for comfort, then thought better of it. Didn't want to scare him off as they were beginning to know each other. "So... You're from the Barbarian King's kingdom?"

Izuku sighed and dropped his head. "Yes... I am..."

"Did you know the King, seeing as your parents were close?"

"Uhm..." This seemed to make the Omega uncomfortable. "In a way... We sort of grew up together..."

Shoto nodded, but didn't pry. Izuku clearly no longer wanted to speak about his past. "So... I managed to convince my father to give us five months to fall in love," he muttered, returning to his plan.

Izuku relaxed, returning his gaze to him. "To fall in love?" He echoed with a raised brow.

The prince chuckled softly. "Yes. That means we have five months to get you out. If we can convince him that we are falling in love, he will give you more and more freedom." He leaned back and looked to the Omega.

The greenette seemed to be deep in thought about this, a finger hooked on his chin. The deeper in thought he got, he seemed to start to mutter out loud. It was kind of... Cute.

"I suppose it could work," Izuku sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, we can do that. But... Is there anyway I would be able to communicate with my mom..?"

Shoto nodded. "I could pull some strings and ask for favors. Get her here in the city and get her comfortable for the time you'll be here and have someone bringing letters back and forth."

Izuku smiled, hugging his knees to his chest. "That would be wonderful. Could you do that without your father knowing?"

"There's a lot that I do without my father knowing," Shoto grumbled, carding his fingers through his hair.

"Also..." Izuku gulped and bit his lip, worry returning to his eyes. "No one can know I'm here. It can't get back to Dragon Territory or the King- no one... No one can know... I can't let him find me..." His voice became quiet and meek again, almost pleading with the prince.

Shoto frowned deeply and shifted slightly closer. "I'm not going to help you out of here just for you to end up in another bad place. A bad place you have already escaped from. I don't know who you're running from and I don't care. Anyone who terrifies you enough to run to another country and further doesn't need to know of your whereabouts."

Izuku breathed deeply and nodded. "Thank you... Thank you, your majesty."

"Please... Just call me Shoto..."

-----

1182 words