A Date

You were both still on the roof of the water tower. You had sat there admiring the view for a while before Yakko finally said something.

"Hey, uhhhhhh would you wanna go on a date?" he asked, turning to face you.

You started smiling and nodded your head. "I'd love to."

Yakko smiled with a light blush, hesitantly leaning in to give you a kiss on the cheek. You both climbed down from the roof and you gave Yakko a big hug before making your way home.

The next day you arrived at the tower when you usually do, but when you knocked on the door you could hear a lot of frantic chattering before the door finally opened, Yakko on the other side.

"Hi ___, come in." he moved aside to let you in and then closed the door behind you.

Dot was looking at you with a little smirk and Wakko was just staring at you.

"Uh, is something going on?" you made the mistake of asking.

Dot and Wakko immediately started jumping up and down shouting "Yakko's got a date" over and over. You looked over at Yakko who had his hand over his blushing face.

You giggled a bit as Yakko flailed his his arms in the air, shushing his siblings. "Alright alright, enough!"

Wakko hopped over to you and looked up at you. "Are you and Yakko gonna get married?"

You just blinked your eyes at him for a moment, the question not registering. "What?"

Yakko immediately pulled Wakko's hat over his face and shoved him away from you. "Euuuuh that's enough outta you."

Dot and Wakko went bouncing into the other room, laughing. Yakko turned to look at you. He gave a nervous chuckle and smiled at you, rubbing the back of his neck. You just smiled at him. Being a good big brother was one of the things you loved about him.

You gave him a kiss on the cheek and he melted a little. "I'm guessing you told them." You stated the obvious.

"Uhhh yeah, maybe that was a bad idea." He walked over to the living room area and leaned against the couch.

"Oh don't be so dramatic, they're just messing around. It's cute." you told him, sitting on the couch.

He raised a brow at you. "You don't live with them." he said, looking down at you.

You shrugged and he sat down next to you. He twiddled his thumbs and looked over at you.

"Soooo, you wanna go on that date today?" he asked you, nervously.

You decided to mess with him a bit. "Date? Did I agree to a date? I don't remember that." His expression dropped and he gave you a pouty face. "Aww I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Today sounds great." You couldn't stand looking at his sad face, even if he was faking it.

He perked up and you could see his tail wagging behind him a little, which was so cute and you couldn't help but laugh a little. You gave him a little scratchy scratch on the top of his head and he closed his eyes, leaning into your hand. Wakko wasn't the only one who liked being pet.

You both decided on a classic dinner date, so after spending the day with the three, doing your usual craziness, you went back home to get changed into something nicer.

When you got back to the tower, Yakko opened the door in a fancy suit that was a little too big and an untied bowtie around his neck.

"Helloooo nurse." he greeted you, as you walked inside. "Give me just a minute, I have to make sure Dot and Wakko know not to destroy the place while I'm gone."