Big Brother's Worries

You and Yakko were watching tv on the couch, both of you were tired from a long day of filming the day before. You had managed to work your schedule to film on the same days as the Warners in order to spend more time with them, but they always had more filming to do than you did, which left Yakko slumped on the couch next to you.

Just then, Dot burst through the door with a big grin on her face, Wakko following behind her. She ran up to you both and jumped on the couch, causing you both to shoot upright.

"Guess what, guess what! I got a date!" she said, bouncing up and down on the couch, causing you to fall off.

You picked yourself up off the floor and looked up at her as she looked at you with sparkly eyes. "A date?" you asked.

"How'd you manage that?" Yakko asked, jokingly.

Dot glared at him and punched him on the arm. "I never manage, I knock 'em dead." she said with a little hairflip. "I met him while he was filming for a show." she said, dreamily.

"Yeah, we wrecked the set." Wakko said with a laugh, and Dot shot him a look.

"I've never met a boy so dreamy," she swooned. "Except maybe Mel Gibson, but even I have to admit he's a bit old for me."

"A bit?" Yakko asked, raising a brow.

"Dot, you're 10." you told her, with your hand on your hip.

"Yeah, and?" she sassed, "I could snag him if I tried."

You and Yakko exchanged a sarcastic "mhm" before she jumped off of the couch as you sat back down.

"We're going out tonight at 8, at that really fancy restaurant." she said, cheerily, as she walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

You looked towards Yakko and noticed he looked a little uneasy. You gave him a questioning look and he brushed it off.

The four of you spent the day inside relaxing, and as night approached Dot started getting ready for her date. She ran around the house frantically looking for her "good skirt" which looked exactly like the one she always wore, but you helped her look for it anyway. When she finally found it and spent about an hour getting ready in the bathroom she was finally leaving.

"Bye guys, I'd say wish me luck but I don't need it." she said with a wink.

"No funny business, you hear?" Yakko said with a chuckle and waved her goodbye.

When he closed the door and turned around his expression dropped and he put his palm to his forehead.

"What's wrong, Yakko?" you asked him and you two walked into the kitchen.

"I don't like this." was all he said, and he leaned on the counter.

"What do you mean?" you asked, as you sat down on a kitchen chair.

He shook his head but you looked at him with a worried expression and he sighed. "I just don't want anything bad to happen."

"You know Dot can take care of herself." you said, a bit surprised he would bring that up.

"Oh, I know. She's more than capable of handling herself. If I was worried about anyone's safety it would be her date's, but all that won't protect her from getting her feelings hurt." he said, slumping onto the table.

You suddenly understood what he meant. You sat there in silence for a while before you realized something.

"When you told me how you felt, you knew there was a chance I wouldn't feel the same, but you still told me." you said, looking at him with a gentle expression.

He looked up at you, surprised by what you just said. "Well... yeah, of course I knew that. But I love you, and I was willing to take that risk if it meant a chance to be with you."

You reached across the table and took his hand in yours, smiling at him. "We all need to take risks, and we all get our hearts broken sometimes, but that's just part of living. Dot's gonna have to get hurt sometimes if it means being able to live life, and that's okay, she's tough." You laughed. "Like, really tough. She wouldn't let something like that bring her down."

He laughed and looked down at the lable for a moment before looking back up at you with a smile. "You're right, of course." he said, and you smiled at him with a cocky grin. "Thanks ___, you always help me feel better."

You both went back over to the couch and just talked for a while. Wakko was doing his own thing in the background.

"I think it's really cute how much you care about your siblings." you told Yakko.

His cheeks turned a bit pink as he leaned back against the couch. "Yeah, well, what can I do, I love 'em." He looked back up at you with a smile. "And I love you."

You smiled, a light blush on your cheeks as well, as you leaned in and kissed him. It was a short kiss, because Wakko immediately yelled "eww!" from the other side of the room, and Yakko stuck his tongue out at him. You laughed and squeezed Yakko in a hug.

A while passed and there was a knock on the door. Yakko quickly jumped up and ran to open it, seeing Dot with a smile on her face. He felt his shoulders relax after seeing that she was in a good mood and things seemingly went well.

"So, how was the date?" he asked as she walked inside and he closed the door behind her.

"It was great, we talked aaall through dinner and he asked if I wanted to hang out sometime later this week." she said with a huge grin on her face.

You sat on the couch, chin resting in your palm, as you watched the two talk for a while. Dot was obviously happy, and Yakko seemed both relieved and delighted as he listened to Dot talk about the time she had. Yakko noticed you staring at him and flashed you a smirk. You chuckled and smiled back at him.

After a while of talking about how much fun she had, her exhaustion finally caught up with her and she went to rest. Yakko walked back over to sit with you, and he smiled at you.

"I'm glad things went well." he said, sinking into the couch.

"I can tell you're relieved." you said, and he nodded.

You scooted closer to him and wrapped your arm around his shoulder. You rubbed your cheek against his furry head, causing him to laugh and push you away, but quickly pull you back in for a hug. You rested your chin on his shoulder, your arms wrapped around his torso, and he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"You're really somethin' babe." he told you, still hugging you.

You blushed and squeezed him tightly, nuzzling your face into him neck, causing him to laugh a bit. You both leaned back against the couch and soon you had fallen asleep, cuddled together.

~
this was a suggestion from Strawbaby6 and I hope I did it justice, I feel like my writing for this story had been deteriorating, and I've had bad writers block, also this chapter is shorter, over all I hope I get my spark back soon
~